House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KingCharles1st

Ghost Santander Statements- Reprise!

Guest KingCharles1st

This morning received in the post a new Santander statement telling me I have £680.63 available.

Great- except I haven't, and whats more, this happened either 6 or 12 months ago, and was apparently exposed as some sort of "system glitch."

A- this is obviously why I.T. guys get paid shitloads. :rolleyes:

B- this is not good for people who have money invested with Santander- what a shit operation.

This morning received in the post a new Santander statement telling me I have £680.63 available.

Great- except I haven't, and whats more, this happened either 6 or 12 months ago, and was apparently exposed as some sort of "system glitch."

A- this is obviously why I.T. guys get paid shitloads. :rolleyes:

B- this is not good for people who have money invested with Santander- what a shit operation.

A- "Banking error in your favour" was a Monopoly Chance card well before the microchip.

B- "Banking error in your favour" was a Monopoly Chance card well before Santander.

Edited by euroconv

Guest KingCharles1st

A- "Banking error in your favour" was a Monopoly Chance card well before the microchip.

B- "Banking error in your favour" was a Monopoly Chance card well before Santander.

No- this happened a while back, (with hundreds- maybe thousands of customers) and it was found to be wrong- yet they have let it happen again.

Question is, can I legally withdraw this money...

No- this happened a while back, (with hundreds- maybe thousands of customers) and it was found to be wrong- yet they have let it happen again.

Question is, can I legally withdraw this money...

No, the numbers on your statement aren't what will show as available on your account.

It wont be that the numbers on the computer are wrong it will be that the amounts/items on the statement wont match the name/address at the top. It will be a reporting error rather than an error on the account.

No, the numbers on your statement aren't what will show as available on your account.

It wont be that the numbers on the computer are wrong it will be that the amounts/items on the statement wont match the name/address at the top. It will be a reporting error rather than an error on the account.

If my statement says anything other than 0.00 now I will be very surprised :-)

It's rubbish. I remember being told when I was studying that banks run dual (or may have been treble) systems to double check everything.

I can understand the odd error deriving from human input, I had £300 come into my account (not Santander) last month that is nothing to do with me, but system glitches are not the sign of a decent operation. If they can't do that how do they manage their derivatives? Insolvency awaits with open arms.

I'm pretty surte that banks no longer double or triple check anything - it costs too much and reduces profit. Let the customer (many of whom don't even look at their statements) do the checking for you.

It's rubbish. I remember being told when I was studying that banks run dual (or may have been treble) systems to double check everything.

I can understand the odd error deriving from human input, I had £300 come into my account (not Santander) last month that is nothing to do with me, but system glitches are not the sign of a decent operation. If they can't do that how do they manage their derivatives? Insolvency awaits with open arms.

I (briefly) worked in the IT department of a very well-known, very big bank.

The quality of the work was shocking. I now code websites for SMEs, and in my experience the customer's focus on product quality is far higher :ph34r:

I'm pretty surte that banks no longer double or triple check anything - it costs too much and reduces profit. Let the customer (many of whom don't even look at their statements) do the checking for you.

I (briefly) worked in the IT department of a very well-known, very big bank.

The quality of the work was shocking. I now code websites for SMEs, and in my experience the customer's focus on product quality is far higher :ph34r:

Oh well, £300 up then :)