House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobbins

B'stard Mosquitoes

I'm sitting in my garden in KT7 supping a glass of Marques de Carano (very nice - oaky), enjoying the first balmy night of the year. I've got a mossie buzzing around my ear, and if I dare to walk on the grass I'd crunch a dozen snails.

It's war

Snails are tasty

This was my thought. The mozzies are out here in force now but the heat means the only snails to be seen are in the supermarket. The English aversion to snails is weird. They used to be called "wallfish" and eaten widely. The big fellers are the ones you want and were introduced in to the UK by the Romans - specifically so you could scoff 'em. My missus eats kilos of the damn things.

Guest Noodle

This was my thought. The mozzies are out here in force now but the heat means the only snails to be seen are in the supermarket. The English aversion to snails is weird. They used to be called "wallfish" and eaten widely. The big fellers are the ones you want and were introduced in to the UK by the Romans - specifically so you could scoff 'em. My missus eats kilos of the damn things.

Is she a big lass?

Snails are prrrrrrricks.

And they know it - hiding in their filthy shells, ashamed and embarrassed. If a man made of jelly did a shit in a shell, it would be a snail.

How does she purge them? I have heard that putting them in a tank with specific herbs works well.

How does she purge them? I have heard that putting them in a tank with specific herbs works well.

Just buy them in the supermarket/restaurant. As to DIY (never done it to be honest) I understand that either 2 days starvation or a diet of bran for the same period works OK.