House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
leemo

C4 Forum

I don't know if I pitched this right, but thought I'd share it with my fellow HPCers

Hi there,

I've been trying to sell my house boat in which is permantantly moored in Chelsea. I've had it on the market for over 6 months. There's been a trickle of viewings but no watertight offers.

The property used to be a tug boat and has a stylish upper deck, however one of the main complaints has been that the deck has no real use, since its exposed to the elements. I was thinking of buying some deck chairs to give more purpose. Does anyone think this would be money well spent?

http://community.channel4.com/groupee/foru...41/m/1460044003

Maybe some spoof replies wouldn't go amiss!

They are gonna love that one!

I hope you posted under a suitably fluffy name.

"Have you tried houseplants?"

"What about sun flowers, they're lovely at the moment."

Darn you have to wait for approval on registering :(

A coat of white paint should add £5K to the value - remember de-clutter and neutralise.

Stone cladding improves the insulation as well as giving it a country look and feel however it's now considered slightly 80's retro.

Perhapes you could turn it into a BTL opportunity by creating a city lifestyle? Smeg oven, Belfast sink and multi-jet shower automatically creates this city lifestyle and instantly adds £££.

Ahhh Class!

They've started: -

MELBOY says; -

"You always get that sinking feeling when things don't go plan.

I wouldn't have thought the addition of deck chairs would make a scrap of difference to the sales potential of your boat I mean, have a look out of your porthole, have you seen the weather? it is a force 8 Gale out there at the moment and who wants to sit on a wet deck in a deckchair in this weather?

Everything sells for a price in this World and so will your Tug-Boat so do a Google search to find suitable sites to advertise your boat-free if possible----I'll start you off! "