House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

Just Realised, I'm Not Ashamed To Be British Any More

After watching Cameron a few times, speaking as PM on TV, It has dawned on me just how ashamed I was of that one eyed scotch monstrosity Brown.

Cameron is not perfect, but I don't feel angry and ashamed to be British every time he opens his mouth.

After watching Cameron a few times, speaking as PM on TV, It has dawned on me just how ashamed I was of that one eyed scotch monstrosity Brown.

Cameron is not perfect, but I don't feel angry and ashamed to be British every time he opens his mouth.

I didn't allow Gordon to have that much impact on me emotionally.

Not quite sure why you allowed him to make you feel ashamed about anything or how he affected your sense of Britishness.

Not quite sure why you allowed him to make you feel ashamed about anything or how he affected your sense of Britishness.

He represented you.

Personally I'm not too fussed about these national designations, British means very little to me. When the World Cup starts in three weeks I'll change my mind though..

Guest AuntJess

I was born English and I guess I'll die that.I am as English as Shakespeare, Browning and Keats and when they start calling them British and 'Rabbie' Burns British, instead of the Scot he undoubtedly is, I might consider it.wink.gif

He represented you.

Personally I'm not too fussed about these national designations, British means very little to me. When the World Cup starts in three weeks I'll change my mind though..

He didn't represent me.

Me too ..!..the clunker was an international embarrassment ...........

Yet he was the one who pulled the right rescue package out of the fire during the depths of the crisis, and saved the world by getting all the other leaders to see sense!

I can see him going down well in global history, despite what those with a more parochial outlook might think!

I am no Tory (or Libdem) - I mistrust all politicians and regard mainstream political doctirnes as too inflexible - but I feel a weight has been lifted from my shoulders since May 6th.

On the downside, I felt the same in 1997, until the reality sank in. I felt so betrayed in the years after 1997. I hope I won't fell that way again.

Yet he was the one who pulled the right rescue package out of the fire during the depths of the crisis, and saved the world by getting all the other leaders to see sense!

I can see him going down well in global history, despite what those with a more parochial outlook might think!

[/quote

You're kidding, right?

Even if one accepted that premise you would have to apply a very powerful airbursh to the rest of his career................

Working in the Middle East and Asia half the time I can only express relief that I will no longer have foreign colleagues nudging me in the ribs with the question 'why do you allow your country to be represented by that that shambling, doublespeaking wreck?'

Guest Skinty

I was born English and I guess I'll die that.I am as English as Shakespeare, Browning and Keats and when they start calling them British and 'Rabbie' Burns British, instead of the Scot he undoubtedly is, I might consider it.wink.gif

It's refreshing to hear an English person proud to be English rather than British.

Good on you!

You're kidding, right?

Even if one accepted that premise you would have to apply a very powerful airbursh to the rest of his career................

Working in the Middle East and Asia half the time I can only express relief that I will no longer have foreign colleagues nudging me in the ribs with the question 'why do you allow your country to be represented by that that shambling, doublespeaking wreck?'

Yeah, I was overseas for most of his tenure and I can assure you that Brown was seen as a bumbling clown at best but more widely as a dangerously arrogant, reckless, war mongering, miserable, financially imprudent, bully.

Proudness in relation to nation has been outlawed by the Equalities and Human Rights Commision as a racist thought crime. Please report to your EHRC Kommissar to enrol on a Diversity Awareness programme, thankyou.

Yes, I've never been a Tory but if I bumped into Cameron in the street I'd give a friendly greeting and feel happy to have seen the UK Prime Minister. Just being within a half a mile of Brown would make me feel queasy.

It was the same with John Major. Wasn't Tory, didn't like his policies, but I'd buy him a pint at the cricket.

Now they've finally gone, it seems even clearer just how putrid that whole NuLabour-Fabian-elitist-technocratic-big -brother-nanny-state nightmare really was.

I had been feeling quite warm towards Cameron.

But I saw him with Angela Merkel on Channel 4 news last night and he made me squirm with embarrassment. The Conservatives really need to rethink their attitude to Europe. This aloof arrogance is not getting us anywhere.

Guest happy?

Browning was rumoured to have a black, Jamaican grandmother. Byron accurately described Keats as a "w4nker" - his words not mine. Shakespeare was a Catholic living in protestant England.

I love the English - I've been one all my life - but I've never let a politician steal my identity.

I had been feeling quite warm towards Cameron.

But I saw him with Angela Merkel on Channel 4 news last night and he made me squirm with embarrassment. The Conservatives really need to rethink their attitude to Europe. This aloof arrogance is not getting us anywhere.

I think it's more a case of not falling over yourself to join a club that would have you as a member.

At least he can't be accused of double-speak, imagine how Blair would have played that same press conference, he would've left Merkel weak at the knees with his undeliverable promises.

Cameron's "good luck, we wish you well, you'll be fine I'm sure" is all the UK can offer at the moment.

And yes, I'm more proud to have him represent the UK than the previous 2 or 3 leaders.

Cameron's "good luck, we wish you well, you'll be fine I'm sure" is all the UK can offer at the moment.

And yes, I'm more proud to have him represent the UK than the previous 2 or 3 leaders.

+1