House Price Crash Forum

New House Price Confidence Survey

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done

Bear in mind folks that if you click the link on the first post in this thread, then the property finder site webmasters will know from their web server's log files that the HPC forum has referred the visitor, and they may subsequently decide to discount your response, especially after looking at this specific thread.

I'd suggest opening a brand new browser and navigating to the PropertyFinder site yourself, then completing the survey.

Or maybe I've watched too many X-Files episodes :)

Done

Bear in mind folks that if you click the link on the first post in this thread, then the property finder site webmasters will know from their web server's log files that the HPC forum has referred the visitor, and they may subsequently decide to discount your response, especially after looking at this specific thread.

I'd suggest opening a brand new browser and navigating to the PropertyFinder site yourself, then completing the survey.

Or maybe I've watched too many X-Files episodes :)

Good point. I know for a fact that most polling software automatically discounts votes after too many referrers from a URL that looks like a forum to try and stop exactly this from skewing the results!

Thanks to everyone who completed the last survey, hopefully the will make an impact. :rolleyes: Keep it up!

Did anyone see the last survery report? I only saw a snippet which suggested hugely renewed interest in the housing market with a recovery on the way! I suspect if the survey results are gloomy they report what they want - in this case the transaction volume which was the only glimmer of hope - but I am willing to be told I'm wrong, hence my interest in seeing the report!

Did anyone see the last survery report? I only saw a snippet which suggested hugely renewed interest in the housing market with a recovery on the way! I suspect if the survey results are gloomy they report what they want - in this case the transaction volume which was the only glimmer of hope - but I am willing to be told I'm wrong, hence my interest in seeing the report!

The report was banded all over the place about the 10th September. However propertyfinder chose to change the way it presented the results by comparing the scores with one year previously rather than the previous month. So this automatically went from a report which should have shown a complete drop off in confindence on every single indicator, to one that actually managed to present a positive spin, since one of the indicators (the ratio of of bull to bear) was slightly better than one year ago, even though the average gain/fall was positive last year and negative this year...GO FIGURE?!! as our American neighbours would say.

Trawl google for the article and previous posts using "propertyfinder" on this site of you are interested.