House Price Crash Forum
HovelinHove

Are Agents Putting False Listings On Right Move?

One EA near me has houses on that are no longer for sale.

If you fancy a giggle I reckon you could have fun trying to get viewings for them :)

One EA near me has houses on that are no longer for sale.

If you fancy a giggle I reckon you could have fun trying to get viewings for them :)

£500k for that? £300k would be more appropriate.

I live in Hove, as you can probably guess, and saw this...a total joke, you can buy a three bed detached for less, and I'm wondering if agents put fake properties on just to keep the prices high...anyone come across this?

2 bed flat nearly half a million!

Yebbut that's a decent-sized flat. And it's five minutes walk to the station, accessing many of the highest-paid jobs in the world. Maybe the three-bed detached you'd get for the money in the same area would be a whole lot smaller and soul-destroying. Or maybe it doesn't even exist without losing at least the convenience of that station ...

A place I was watching got developed by a developer about 2 years ago, it went all quiet during the downturn and then came on the market a few months ago.

The very same day two other similarly developed properties down the same road, that I know the developer had a hand in, came on the market at 50 and 60K more! I think they are currently rented out.

There is definitley an EA mafia operating in my area.

A place I was watching got developed by a developer about 2 years ago, it went all quiet during the downturn and then came on the market a few months ago.

The very same day two other similarly developed properties down the same road, that I know the developer had a hand in, came on the market at 50 and 60K more! I think they are currently rented out.

There is definitley an EA mafia operating in my area.

This I agree is definitely the 'trick' that goes on. EA's expect you to look for comparisons and if they can somehow have properties close by which make another seem a steal they will do. Only way to go is to check the price of sold property in the same postcode or district. Easy to do even on rightmove and use postecodefinder to find whatever you like.

The flat here looks as if its in the prestigious 'Drive' ? in Hove. It is pricey but large and is correctly called a mansion flat. I would not pay it but it may be in the £400k bracket in current terms. Doubt it will be for long though! HPC is on the way. Inventory is piling up at a great pace and mortgage lending funding is drying up.

I live in Hove, as you can probably guess, and saw this...a total joke, you can buy a three bed detached for less, and I'm wondering if agents put fake properties on just to keep the prices high...anyone come across this?

There's something hilarious about this picture.

ooohh yehhh ! step onto my tropical haven...

23621_129965_IMG_06_0000.jpg

Edited by Reck B

There are a lot of chancers out there. I checked Zoopla for Hove and there's quite a few central Hove properties up at around the same price which are just two bed leasehold flats. I've lived in Hove since 1995 and remember when these kind of flats sold at less than £75,000.00. Considering how small Hove is you would be mad to buy a flat for £475,000.00 in Eaton Gardens when you could buy a three bed semi for less a mile and a half down the road off New Church Road.

There's something hilarious about this picture.

ooohh yehhh ! step onto my tropical haven...

23621_129965_IMG_06_0000.jpg

Don't speak too soon, theres at least 4 other empty pots there. Big plans, big plans.

[edit: cant count]

Edited by Fraccy

There are a lot of chancers out there. I checked Zoopla for Hove and there's quite a few central Hove properties up at around the same price which are just two bed leasehold flats. I've lived in Hove since 1995 and remember when these kind of flats sold at less than £75,000.00. Considering how small Hove is you would be mad to buy a flat for £475,000.00 in Eaton Gardens when you could buy a three bed semi for less a mile and a half down the road off New Church Road.

You can get a 3 bed detached on a nice street off new church road for 430,000. Decent garden etc. You would be able to walk to Portslade station, which all the Hove trains stop at. It really gets my goat. Icannot have the slightest bit of sympathy for people like this developer/EA when the market finally destroys their shallow greedy dreams.

Basically I think they are and I posted something similar in another thread a while back.

One trend I've noticed by a couple of North London agents is that they list houses I've never seen before as 'sold by', but not setting their properties as SSTC. Presumably, this is to attract sellers to their agency, but it must affect the Rightmove house price index.