House Price Crash Forum
Bruce Banner

Mortage Lending Down 12% In April

I wonder what the Daily Express' take on such news would be?

House Prices Rocket as more cash buyers enter market

Nigel Ponceforth, Business Editor
The housing market is receiving a fresh boost as mortgage lending decreases indicating more people have more cash to invest in a place on the property ladder and do not need to borrow as much. Vast sums of ready cash fro parents and grandparents are pouring into the pockets of anxious buyers who are lining up to register for what few houses are becoming available. Estate Agents say house prices will triple over the course of the next few years and that now is an excellent time to buy.

"The CML said that the occurrence of Easter in April had led to a seasonal dip in lending,"

Now they're blaming it on the bank holiday weekend, you really couldn't make this s*** up.

"The CML said that the occurrence of Easter in April had led to a seasonal dip in lending,"

Now they're blaming it on the bank holiday weekend, you really couldn't make this s*** up.

For anyone who might think anyone DID make it up!!!! :D

I thought I'd attach it, as we really should save this one for posterity, and it will be gone from the Beeb site soon :lol:

B

FFS How many MORE lies..JPG

post-13228-12744330742102_thumb.jpg

Easter is determined by the phases of the moon. It has long been held that lunacy is also, hence the word.

Perhaps there was insufficient madness in April.

p-o-p

Confused :blink:

nah, that report was about February to March, and todays report is about April.

I expect to see a report about 2007 shortly.

C'mon guys - keep up at the back there.

Doesn't it say quite clearly that the "up" one is the move from February - March, and the "down" one is April's data?

However, I agree it's a bit confusing to have two month's data out so close together - UNLESS of course <dons Conspiracy Theory hat> they just resurrected the March data late, to try and get a positive message out before this latest bad news.

Maybe they hoped nobody would really take note of the second release, thinking "Hmm - mortgage data - I've already read that this month..." :ph34r:

nah, that report was about February to March, and todays report is about April.

I expect to see a report about 2007 shortly.

Sorry Bloo - we were obviously tapping away furiously at the same time.

2007 data eh? I hadn't got that far in my conspiracy theory, but now you mention it I'd put nothing past these bastards.

Sloblock, innit?!

B

Confused :blink:

No need to be - the earlier report refers to lending to home buyers, which is increasing, the later one refers to gross lending (including remortgaging) - which isn't. They use the first bullish report to talk up the market and then they remember that actually it's totally reliant on BOE support so use the dire gross lending figures as evidence that the industry needs more handouts...