House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiggerthetiger

Fear Is In The Air

There is so much fear about. It`s almost tangible. Fear of losing money, fear of losing value in a house, fear of losing capital.

Is it worth the time and effort to acrue wealth. Sure we need security. Security can be real or an illusion, and just a state of mind, I know people who seemingly have enough to live out their days with financial security, but are still tryig to make more and are afraid of losing what they have.

They are having sleepless nights worrying.

You have only to read some of the posts on HPC to realise what a burden wealth can actually be for some people.

Yup. Fear seems to be the standard emotional condition for most people nowadays. Its not just fear of losing wealth (or not gaining enough of it), its really a fear of everything. From terrorists to E-numbers people constantly worry. I assume the media is the primary source of this with its constant barrage of stories to put the frighteners up us. Its a shame so many people cant just sit back and enjoy lifes simple pleasures.

Guest KingCharles1st

Fear is in the air

Everywhere I look around

Fear is in the air

Every sight and every sound

And I don't know if I'm being foolish

I don't know if I'm being wise

But it's HPC that I must believe in

And its there when I look in your eyes..

Crash is in the air- dum a dum dum dum dum dum etc....

We have fermenting fear as the main monetary policy now.

Drive interest low enough to herd poeple into making stupid mistakes, malinvestment or just outright gambling.

And I don't know if I'm being foolish

I don't know if I'm being wise

But it's HPC that I must believe in

And its there when I look in your eyes..

Crash is in the air- dum a dum dum dum dum dum etc....

I think that should be sung in (I want) A Flat

From terrorists to E-numbers people constantly worry.
People used to be scared of televisions. Don't sit too close, it's bad for your eyes......Don't watch for too long, it's bad for your eyes and your mind......If you can see them, they must be able to see you.......stay in the room for 10 minutes after turning off the telly to make sure it doesn't burst into flames.......

Nobody's scared of televisions now, are they?

People used to be scared of televisions. Don't sit too close, it's bad for your eyes......Don't watch for too long, it's bad for your eyes and your mind......If you can see them, they must be able to see you.......stay in the room for 10 minutes after turning off the telly to make sure it doesn't burst into flames.......

Nobody's scared of televisions now, are they?

edna.jpg

Scary sh!t

Guest X-QUORK

"The only thing to fear, is fear itself."

Blueberry muffin to whomever guesses correctly.

There is so much fear about. It`s almost tangible. Fear of losing money, fear of losing value in a house, fear of losing capital.

Is it worth the time and effort to acrue wealth. Sure we need security. Security can be real or an illusion, and just a state of mind, I know people who seemingly have enough to live out their days with financial security, but are still tryig to make more and are afraid of losing what they have.

You have only to read some of the posts on HPC to realise what a burden wealth can actually be for some people.

Forget everything and remember

For everything a reason

Forgive everybody and remember

Guest theboltonfury

Forget everything and remember

For everything a reason

Forgive everybody and remember

He's dined out on that song as a solo artist for 15 years.

Bloody good song though.

Guest X-QUORK

He's dined out on that song as a solo artist for 15 years.

Bloody good song though.

It is a good song, but he's only been dining out on it since it's release in 2001.

Prefer this one:

Guest theboltonfury

It is a good song, but he's only been dining out on it since it's release in 2001.

Prefer this one:

He must know he looks like a monkey.

Guest theboltonfury

I find this bint more annoying than Dido

Maybe I'm getting old.

It's perfectly fine to think she's a shit little media whore at any age.

Michael Crichton wrote a book called 'Fear' or somesuch. The book was cr*p but he had a political message in it, which was that fear is a political/social construct maintained by the media/political class to make ruling easier. He covers it as a tangent without going into lizard alien nonsense and I think it is the main point of the book, that's the first time he put a message in any of his books AFAIK. I think he may have a point and it is worth a thought.

There is also the question of character. Some people simply do not respond to some types of implied threats; my wife for example always thinks that 'things will be fine' no matter what she is faced with (whereas I tend to freak out all the time).