House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Imf Chief Thinks Eu Should Have A Common Single Budget

IMF comments....do this today, change their mind tomoz.

I think the IMF should just shut up....and plan for the loans they are going to be making throughout the world and the means to pay for them.

Edited by Bloo Loo

they just create the debt and get the poor to pay for it

what we need....is...a tax on every banking transaction. this would set up a fund so that when they frack up again, there is something in the kitty...from us.

arent we nice.

I think the IMF should just shut up....and plan for the loans they are going to be making throughout the world and the means to pay for them.

I agree. The IMF are so bold as to discount the strong possibility that the Euro may not exist a year from now!! The German unilateral move to ban shorting the Euro may have been a clever policy which both upsets the market and the French at the same time! Me thinks they want their Deutchemark back.

or we could just have a free market in banking

the bankers dont like competition though

I have free banking....is that what we need?

saying that, my free banking doesnt pay interest...so maybe its not so free after all.

The idea is utterly mental. Now they want to make the same mistake on a bigger scale. Political forces in nation states will rip the EU to shreds. Its already happening.

governed by whom??

the EU has a vote of no-confidence from UK,france ireland to name a couple.

primarily because there is still an "arms length" approach between the UK and germany...despite all the nice friendly cooperative banter over the last decade or two,the seeds of discord remain.

our philospohies are worlds apart,end of story.

we will be much better suited to a union with US and canada.

I have free banking....is that what we need?

saying that, my free banking doesnt pay interest...so maybe its not so free after all.

Wealth thieves!!! Sod them, I decided to become my own bank, BANK OF SHINY YELLOW!!!

Loving the end times action, retirement before 40 here I come!!!

The idea is utterly mental. Now they want to make the same mistake on a bigger scale. Political forces in nation states will rip the EU to shreds. Its already happening.

Successive Leaders of several member nations seem to be doing an admirable job of keeping a lid on the dissent and have done for a long time. France voted Non to the EU Constitution. So did The Netherlands iirc. Ireland voted No to Lisbon and was told to vote again. We were promised a referendum and diddled out of it. We were signed up to Maastricht without a referendum. They want this not us.

I think they (or at least the various civil services) have long been utterly fixated with the fantasy that Europe would be at war with itself if it wasn't for the EU and that Europe must be a superpower to rival the US. Everything that stems from those two ideals requires greater and greater integration.