House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
'Bart'

Did Somebody Post A Story About Social

I'm sure I remember a story on here about social housing tenants being moved in to a BTL style block and dragging the place down with their activities (communal door damaged/wedged open etc.). Can anybody help?

I'm sure I remember a story on here about social housing tenants being moved in to a BTL style block and dragging the place down with their activities (communal door damaged/wedged open etc.). Can anybody help?

Is this what you're looking for? Sorry I don't know how to do that elegant linky thingy...... http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=68283&hl=luxury%20flats%20DSS%20chav&st=0

Edited by Dubai

There was various threads on Thamsemead I think its called and there was one guy who posted having spent 245000 on a 1 bed flat in central Brum :) to see the block over run by social tenants who had graffitied the stairwell in a big way . In his opinion his 'apartment' was rendered valueless more or less. Oops.

There was various threads on Thamsemead I think its called and there was one guy who posted having spent 245000 on a 1 bed flat in central Brum smile.gif to see the block over run by social tenants who had graffitied the stairwell in a big way . In his opinion his 'apartment' was rendered valueless more or less. Oops.

do you ever feel that the Darwin awards should be expanded to include people who remove themselves from the gene pool by financial f*ckwittery?

There were some great threads on here about the disaster that was Crown Heights and Victory Hill in Basingstoke

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=21392

Supposed luxury developments in converted government offices that crashed and burned.

That was the one I was thinking of:

Crown heights is becoming very run down. I have observed graphitti on walls, some of a racist nature. We have a broken window in block 3 which is full door size and by the entrance door which has not been fixed for over 2 months and jagged glass was left exposed for 3 days before it was boarded up after we all complained it was dangerous, the lifts don't work and one was out of order for 3 months, there is litter everywhere, security is a joke with gangs of drug smoking kids gathering on the stairways, brothels and drug dens are openly operated with the authorities turning a blind eye, (at least it's off the streets) residents clamped with money demanded by menace fully supported by the complex management Peverel OM. car parks poorly lit, full of rubbish and the barriers sometimes out of order and they never grit the exit roads in the winter so residents have to slip and slide to get out of the complex.

Cheers to all who replied.