House Price Crash Forum

Shares In Gold?

HOLA441

:unsure: Been doing my usual gold trawling bit this morning and have found a possible new investment oppurtunity. I buy my gold normally from mayfair and grant and on their site they have started something new to do with investing in a 12.5 kilo bar of gold, wondered if anyone else had come across this as I am a little suspect of these things and how they work. I suppose I'm asking for some help into whether its a good idea or not and i thought you guys would be the best to ask I look forward to any ideas or thoghts anyone has :D

HOLA442

:unsure: Been doing my usual gold trawling bit this morning and have found a possible new investment oppurtunity. I buy my gold normally from mayfair and grant and on their site they have started something new to do with investing in a 12.5 kilo bar of gold, wondered if anyone else had come across this as I am a little suspect of these things and how they work. I suppose I'm asking for some help into whether its a good idea or not and i thought you guys would be the best to ask I look forward to any ideas or thoghts anyone has :D

If its a 12.5 kilo bar of gold, how can it be shares?

HOLA443
HOLA444

Sounds like another form of paper gold. Personally, I think investing in any sort of gold is a bad idea because gold prices are likely to go down, and investing in paper gold in an extra bad idea because you can't be sure that the issuer has the assets to back your investment.

HOLA445
HOLA446