House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Is A Woman More Likely To Conceive If She Enjoys Sex?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1279841/From-Britains-leading-fertility-expert-intriguing-question--Is-woman-likely-conceive-enjoys-sex.html

The more frequently you have sex, the more chance you have of getting pregnant. Nobody will be surprised at that - but what is surprising is that, according to various scientific studies, an average couple in Britain having reasonably regular sex have only about an 18 per cent chance of conceiving in any given month.

Interestingly, in New South Wales the chance of getting pregnant each month is significantly higher at about 24 per cent. And that's almost certainly because Australians tend to have sex more often.

In Europe, the French tend to think of themselves as the sexiest nation, but it turns out the average chance of pregnancy per month in Paris (if you are a native) is about 15 per cent. To many Britons, this may be a rather satisfying statistic.

It was some years ago that I first read that it is not merely the frequency of intercourse that improves a woman's chance of conceiving but also how often she has an orgasm.

Obviously, for men an orgasm is essential for a pregnancy, because without one sperm will not be released. But previously the female orgasm, though highly pleasurable, has often been thought of as being biologically useless.

The first group were women who had entirely healthy and apparently fertile male partners, but despite extensive investigation had no diagnosable cause for their infertility.

The second group were women with damaged or blocked Fallopian tubes, which meant the sperm could not meet the egg and therefore fertilisation could not take place.

And in the third group were women who did not ovulate because of hormonal problems and those whose partners had a low sperm count.

It turned out that the women in the first group with completely unexplained infertility tended to say they had a rather unsatisfying sexual relationship and seldom or never had an orgasm.

These women were medically entirely normal and our tests failed to find an explanation for their childlessness.

But it was astonishing to find out that women who were infertile because they had damaged or blocked fallopian tubes were often more likely to have an orgasm than those patients in the other two groups.

How could we account for these two findings in a scientific way?

One theory is that the muscles of the vagina and the womb contract, sometimes quite vigorously, during orgasm and that way more sperm enters the uterus.

Then, after a period of relaxation, the sperm are retained. We do know that, during orgasm, a hormone is released - oxytocin, which, among other things, is associated with extreme pleasure. This hormone is also important in producing contractions of the womb.

As for why it was that a number of our patients with tubal damage reported having a particularly pleasurable sexual relationship, well, that could be down to the fact that most tubal blockage results from infection.

It is possible that the suction effect of orgasm may not just gather sperm into the uterus but also bacteria. While bacteria cannot survive long in the environment of the womb, if passed rapidly into the tubes they may set up an infection.

Evolutionary biologists tend to be rather more prosaic about the female climax.

They often suggest that the pleasure associated with having an orgasm simply encourages a woman to have more sex.

Can this question ever be answered?

But guys don't always want to spend hours pumping a woman just so she gets to come too. They want that sperm out of their balls and into that vagina, takes ten minutes. If she wants to get pregnant, she can use a vibrator afterwards. Even then, the noise of a vibrator and moaning women at your side could wake you up.

But guys don't always want to spend hours pumping a woman just so she gets to come too. They want that sperm out of their balls and into that vagina, takes ten minutes. If she wants to get pregnant, she can use a vibrator afterwards. Even then, the noise of a vibrator and moaning women at your side could wake you up.

I'm in awe at your stamina.

A woman has a small window of opportunity to concieve, usually 2-3 days tops In the middle of her cycle. If good quality sperm enters during this point and her eggs are healthy, she will concieve.

Regarding quality and quantity of sex, it is probably irrelevent as you just cannot concieve outside this window.

My last pregnancy was by working out your conception dates, there's a test you can buy like a pregnancy test, that you wee on a stick, when the stick shows positive, it shows that is the best time to start cracking. then you just go for it and see how many times you can bonk within a couple of days. Worked on the first month for me. (poor husband).

Maybe you need to try something different??

Women HATE mindless 'pumping'. It's so dull.

I'd prefer a quickie any day.

Guest AuntJess

Why don;t you use a rubber doll? It isn't the least bit demanding. Your instant release followed by instant deep sleep seems to be a priority with you.

Failing that why have a woman in your bed at all? More room for you to spread out and be comfortable.dry.gif

Why don;t you use a rubber doll? It isn't the least bit demanding. Your instant release followed by instant deep sleep seems to be a priority with you.

Failing that why have a woman in your bed at all? More room for you to spread out and be comfortable.dry.gif

I have a friend with a sex shop, the other day he had a customer return a doll because it 'talked too much' :)

Guest AuntJess

I have a friend with a sex shop, the other day he had a customer return a doll because it 'talked too much' smile.gif

laugh.gif

I'd say women who really, really, really like sex are much less likely to conceive after the man has popped his load on her face, breasts, hair, etc.

I'd say women who really, really, really like sex are much less likely to conceive after the man has popped his load on her face, breasts, hair, etc.

and they say romance is dead :)

Maybe you need to try something different??

Women HATE mindless 'pumping'. It's so dull.

I'd prefer a quickie any day.

Seems pretty clear that Thod doesn't give a flying f*** what women want.

Maybe his mummy potty-trained him too early or something.

But guys don't always want to spend hours pumping a woman just so she gets to fake an orgasm to make you stop.

:lol:

Fixed that for you.

A mate of mine took to huas in a big way (going back a while). He said it was a relief to not have to bother about whether they had an orgasm or not!

Not everyone seems to buy into this mutual pleasure thing....

A woman has a small window of opportunity to concieve, usually 2-3 days tops In the middle of her cycle. If good quality sperm enters during this point and her eggs are healthy, she will concieve.

Regarding quality and quantity of sex, it is probably irrelevent as you just cannot concieve outside this window.

My last pregnancy was by working out your conception dates, there's a test you can buy like a pregnancy test, that you wee on a stick, when the stick shows positive, it shows that is the best time to start cracking. then you just go for it and see how many times you can bonk within a couple of days. Worked on the first month for me. (poor husband).

My wife and I often tried to conceive outside the window until the neighbours complained.....

:P

:lol:

With regards Is A Woman More Likely To Conceive If She Enjoys Sex? No but she's more likely to come back for seconds.

We talked about having children a couple of years ago and agreed that trying to conceive is an unnecessary pressure to put ourselves under, so we'd stop not trying and see what happens.

The first time we stopped not trying - she fell pregnant!

Daughter is now 20 months. A few weeks ago, we discussed having the next one and that maybe we should stop not trying again.

The first time we stopped not trying - she's now pregnant again!

Due in January and you off-topic HPCers, are the very first to know.

GO SUPERSPERM.

When you fertilise more than one egg at a time then claim to have supersperm ;)

What, like a fish or something?

I think you need a laboratory to be able to do that.

Non-identical twins?

Ah OK.

Its funny how men frequently attribute this to their supersperm and not the woman.

I had a girlfriend who (unfortunately) fell pregnant at the merest approach of my uncovered genitals.

This was not the case with the mrs when I actually wanted that to happen, that took a normal amount of time.

I assume the sperm was the same although there were a couple of years between them.

I know a chap who impregnated 3 different women of widely varying ages in one-nighters, I guess he could claim to be supersperm man.

Guest AuntJess

Definitely "or something".cool.gif

Typo or Freudian? Let's have a poll....

And how does a vibrator get anyone pregnant?

" Is A Woman More Likely To Conceive If She Enjoys Sex?"

Compared to one who says "If you think that filthy thing is coming anywhere near me...!" , my considered opinion is 'yes'.

_

So presumably the converse is women are less likely to conceive when they don't enjoy sex? Brilliant, all those years of honing my 2-minute in-and-out technique finally pay off. Androcentric sex=no babies.

I am surprised no one has wondered if Rohypnol makes a difference :)

*sigh*

I love these articles - bet that makes couples failing to conceive feel really good - not only are you childless but you are crap at sex too!

It breaks down to simple statistics - as it says there is an 18% chance of conceiving in a single month - this means if you start with 100 couples in month one.

100 -

82 - 18 conceive in month 1

67- 14 conceive in month 2

55 - 12 conceive in month 3

45 - 10 conceive in month 4

37 - 8 conceive in month 5

30 - 7 coneive in month 6

25 - 5 conceive in month 7

20 - 5 conceive in month 8 etc

After 12 months there will still be 10% of a "normal" couples who have yet to conceive.

Only around 30% of fertilised eggs lead to full term pregnancies too so frankly I don't think much of this pseudo-science. It's just more people trying to make money off a natural process.