House Price Crash Forum

Scottish Documentary - Amazing

ccc

HOLA441

On last night on BBC Scotland. A year in the life of a group of people on a housing scheme in Kilmarnock.

Has to be seen to be believed. Think of Rab C. Nesbitt or the Gallaghers. But this is worse, and actually real.

The Scheme

HOLA442

On last night on BBC Scotland. A year in the life of a group of people on a housing scheme in Kilmarnock.

Has to be seen to be believed. Think of Rab C. Nesbitt or the Gallaghers. But this is worse, and actually real.

The Scheme

Has to be seen to be believed.

I've seen some things in Glasgow housing schemes a still cannae believe

HOLA443

Has to be seen to be believed.

I've seen some things in Glasgow housing schemes a still cannae believe

Have you ever met Marvin, his dug Bullet and his 300 temazepam :D

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Wow, very enlightening, at least I could understand the narrator, but really needed subtitles to understand the inbreds. Shocking.

I reckon they will release it down South and add subtitles as they did with Rab C. Next's weeks looks like a stormer. Gonna be trouble once wee Cunny heads round to Marvins.

HOLA4410
Guest Skinty

I reckon they will release it down South and add subtitles as they did with Rab C. Next's weeks looks like a stormer. Gonna be trouble once wee Cunny heads round to Marvins.

No need to add subtitles when there are perfectly good guides out there.

Parliamo Glasgow?

HOLA4411

Sorry if my unpc side is showing but...

The guy gets off his head on drink and valium and gets 'involved' in a 'racially aggravated incident'.

The sentence passed was 12 months in prison reduced to eight for pleading guilty straight away.

He called the other guy a 'Bin-Laden Barstuart', no further details.

There was no mention of any assault or injury, (he would have been charged & prosecuted for assault or ABH if there had been, surely?)

Isn't that sentencing harsh?

By comparison two years ago my cousin spent several days in hospital after being attacked by a drunk guy looking for a fight who kicked his head in and left him unconscious.

The guy got 50 hours community service.

So...

8 months inside for an insult

and

community service for beating someone unconscious and stamping on their head.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

What a mess...imagine being brought up there....Those kids are born with both legs broken from birth,,,,,what do we do?

employment would be a start...

Dont worry yourself m8 - its easier to poke fun at people than suggest solutions,

as you can see from some of the other posters on this thread.

HOLA4416

What a mess...imagine being brought up there....Those kids are born with both legs broken from birth,,,,,what do we do?

employment would be a start...

Stop giving them money. It's doing them no good. Any fool can see that. Once they actually have nothing, they;ll start to think of ingenious ways to use their resources, communities will start to spring up to exploit said resources and 'hey presto' welcome back to civilisation.

No doubt it will be a long and arduous road, but they're already miserable anyway. handouts are just prolonging it.

Did anyone see the documentary about how the fishing industry came about in Scotland (it was actually a documentary about the fishing boat). Those guys must be spinning in their graves at what the Scottish have become.

HOLA4417

Stop giving them money. It's doing them no good. Any fool can see that. Once they actually have nothing, they;ll start to think of ingenious ways to use their resources, communities will start to spring up to exploit said resources and 'hey presto' welcome back to civilisation.

Aye, crowbars are hugely useful in monetising assets. Fixed or otherwise.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Yes.

Perhaps it was Thatcher's policies which are partly to blame for their plight?

What,no personal responsibility? They always have the option of dignity in their poverty.

It's one thing I never understood when I was growing up on the **** end of a shitty northern council estate. Why does being poor mean you've got to be a tosser?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

What,no personal responsibility? They always have the option of dignity in their poverty.

It's one thing I never understood when I was growing up on the **** end of a shitty northern council estate. Why does being poor mean you've got to be a tosser?

Exactly. Just an excuse for most. Of course if you are brought up in these places it must be easy just to go along and do what everyone else does. However those that do want out can get out. I know a fair few people myself from serious dodgy areas who have done what it took to eject themselves from that situation. Greatest respect.

HOLA4424

Hey wow - I thought this was going to be a documentary on the hills or something! This looks interesting - thanks for posting the link to the vid... likely I'll have seen a lot of what is featured, if not worse (I live in Scotland, lol...)

HOLA4425

Archived