House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cogs

Olympic Mascots.

The-2012-Olympic-and-Para-005.jpg

The Canadians had some quite cute culturally-relevant cartoon characters that you can imagine working commerically (lets ignore the crowd invasion by one P. Bear of 4chan fame). What have we got, the mutant spawn of a tellytubby and a shower head to join the abysmal "Lisa Simpson giving head" logo. Having got rid of one cyclops it seems we are to have another two inflicted upon us!

God, I hope we run out of money so this whole thing doesn't have to happen. When you weight it up, I think a short apology to the world for failing to hold the games would work out less humiliating in the long run.

The Canadians had some quite cute culturally-relevant cartoon characters that you can imagine working commerically (lets ignore the crowd invasion by one P. Bear of 4chan fame). What have we got, the mutant spawn of a tellytubby and a shower head to join the abysmal "Lisa Simpson giving head" logo. Having got rid of one cyclops it seems we are to have another two inflicted upon us!

God, I hope we run out of money so this whole thing doesn't have to happen. When you weight it up, I think a short apology to the world for failing to hold the games would work out less humiliating in the long run.

The colours capture the spirit of the Coalition. :)

I saw the metal versions and I thought they were OK. Hardly anybody ever remembers them (check out the ones from the past).

At least it's not yet another cuddly animal, or the anthropomorphism of a lion or something.

By coincidence, I went through Much Wenlock on Saturday and saw the sign about it being the inspiration for the modern Olympic Games.

Guest happy?

Clegg and Cameron surely?

Charlie Brooker summed it up for me... http://www.guardian....na.olympics2008

Yet even as my eyes took delight in the colour and magic, my spirits sank. I'm no patriot, but I feared for our national pride come the 2012 London Olympics. How the hell are we going to top a display like that? Our plans currently consist of six roman candles, Bernie Clifton riding his ostrich, and some Britain's Got Talent *****-a-ma-boob beatboxing on a trampoline. It would be less shameful if we all marched into the arena one by one, dropped our trousers, yanked our bumcheeks apart and let the entire globe gaze right up our apertures for an hour, while the Kaiser Chiefs perform their latest single in the background. If nothing else, it would give the rest of the planet something to think about. They'd never mess with us again, that's for damn sure.

We're out of depth with this aren't we, the evidence gets stronger with every passing day.

August%205th%20-%20Olympic%20Mascots10.gif

I presume that's Sydney 2000 'cos of the Platypus in the middle. The others, no idea although the ice skates on one with 'Lake Placid' on the vest would be a winter games? Call me Sherlock.

Guest portwinestain

The colours capture the spirit of the Coalition. :)

Yes

And so soon after. You would think it was all a fix. :)

The Orange one is the important one. Has the 2012 logo. The 'M' on the head...oh and the all seeing eye.

Orange is William of Orange. King Billy. Prince William in hope to rule over the sleeping slaves circa 2012.

The blue one looks like he has a massive deformed knob

He looks like a bizarre back-to-front travesty of your avatar ccc.

Now if they decided on Aguilera as the mascot I think we would all be happy.

I'm going to have nightmares tonight. It's the horrible yellow eye thing on "Wenlock" that disturbs me. It's like the all-seeing eye on the top of the pyramid bursting through the soft flesh of his head.

Horrible, absolutely horrible.

But why?

Why? And what? How?

and that, children, is why you shouldn't do drugs.

At least we know Mandeville can't be a reference to Mandelschild 'cause it's trousers are open at the front.

Junior apprentice, week 5.

("You're fired!!")

Yes! And it would have been one of the most laughable episodes. Makes "Pantsman" seem inspired.

Yes

And so soon after. You would think it was all a fix. :)

The Orange one is the important one. Has the 2012 logo. The 'M' on the head...oh and the all seeing eye.

Orange is William of Orange. King Billy. Prince William in hope to rule over the sleeping slaves circa 2012.

Well spotted. The tinfoil hats will be all in a lather over that.

(Maybe the mascots were deliberately created to send people struggling with reality, "over the edge".)

Ahem..:rolleyes:

Looked like crotchless chaps to me.

Looks like either a Smurf's wearing some sexy peephole pants or he's just jizzed in them - perhaps he's heard BP are shifting huge amounts of oil out somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico and think's it's boom time for Smurfs again.

Just seen the video for them (on the BBC) and they look soort of ok in cgi with a metalic finish.

But Wenlock is still the stuff of nightmares. How do you spell malevolent?

That yellow all-seeing eye is still freaking me out. Looks like his soul has got TB and has decided to make a run for it.

Just seen the video for them (on the BBC) and they look soort of ok in cgi with a metalic finish.

But Wenlock is still the stuff of nightmares. How do you spell malevolent?

That yellow all-seeing eye is still freaking me out. Looks like his soul has got TB and has decided to make a run for it.

Didn't it say that they were supposed to be bit of metal that had fallen off the stadium? Who the assmaster came up with that?

I presume that's Sydney 2000 'cos of the Platypus in the middle. The others, no idea although the ice skates on one with 'Lake Placid' on the vest would be a winter games? Call me Sherlock.

Plus an echidna and a Men at Work baiting kookaburra.

The London 2012 ones do indeed look like anaemic trouser snakes. I think that mascot organisers have run up against the law of small numbers: it's getting harder and harder to create something unique and therefore protectable hence the stuff of nightmares "imaginative" cr@p you have seen recently.

For Christ's sake what squad of sushi-eating boardroom gobshites came up with those two abortions?

What are they? Mobile phones? one of those scanning wands they wave over you during security checks in Heathrow? Sex toys?

In fact I think the latter would be a better mascot as nothing would convey our current situation to the world better than a man dressed as a six foot **** rogering a taxpayer mascot (represented by someone in an empty wallet costume) during the opening ceremony.

This from the Telegraph:

Apparently hewn from the "last drops of steel" left over from the Corus plant at Teeside before Labour had it closed down, the one-eyed creatures are intended to help young people relate to the Games.

Best comment:

All I can say is if either one of those weirdos in weiner suits with the "eye of Horus" got near my kids I'd punch it right in its' f-ck-i-n-g eye, or if over here in the states, pistol whip the piss out of the weirdo child molestor. You want to dress in a weiner costume that's fine but do it on your own time inside your own home

Zibignew Soetero on May 20, 2010 at 05:38 AM

Guest X-QUORK

Seb Coe comes across as an eminently sensible guy in interviews. I can only assume he has some sort of mental blindspot where graphic design's concerned.