House Price Crash Forum
singlemalt

Ideas To Stop Benefits Culture

Watching C4 news earlier. Piece about anti-social behaviour.

You’ve seen it all before. Broken family, half a dozen children by 8 different men :lol: rough council estate, social workers, blah blah etc.

I'm just throwing it out there but what inventives would you offer to reverse this culture?

My suggestion. Paid trip to Euro Disney for the family if the woman on long term benefits elects for voluntary sterilisation. Win-Win. Family gets a trip of a life time and there's less feral children (who often become adults of the same ilk) sucking on the breast of the UK tax payer.

I wouldn't consider myself as some eugenics deviant but something needs to happen to kick this problem into touch.

You’ve seen it all before. Broken family, half a dozen children by 8 different men :lol: rough council estate, social workers, blah blah etc.

I'm just throwing it out there but what inventives would you offer to reverse this culture?

My suggestion. Paid trip to Euro Disney for the family if the woman on long term benefits elects for voluntary sterilisation. Win-Win. Family gets a trip of a life time and there's less feral children (who often become adults of the same ilk) sucking on the breast of the UK tax payer.

I wouldn't consider myself as some eugenics deviant but something needs to happen to kick this problem into touch.

Best way to stop the benefits culture is, to stop the benefits.

Simples.

Ideas we hear very often - not just on these forums - are:

- Stop benefits after the 2nd / 3rd child

- Stop benefits if children are repeat offenders / truants

- Instead of benefits given out as money, use a token system. Tokens have to be non transferable and can only be exchanged for food, clothing, etc.

Contreceptives in the water supply to chav estates.

I know it makes me sound like a right wing nutter but if me and my peers with their 'hard working British familes' cannot afford to have kids I dont see why we should have to pay for the feckless to procreate.

Reduce tax and NI at the lower levels of pay , and i don't mean knock 2p of income tax and stick 1p back on NI then freeze personell allowances , thus taking back the tax cut in another way.

Give a proper tax cut and make it worth while people going to work on sh-t money.

As for the miss slack bladders who breed I think that is going to take a few generations to slow down the amount of people living like this , you cannot just stop their benefits over night , it will have to be done gradually bit by bit , take away what they get and educated their kids that when they grow up the never ending gravy train is pulling into the station and that is the end of the line , but this will have to be told to them thoughout their school life , dought very much this lot like the last lot will have the guts though.

If business carries on as it has then Im going to be on benefits.

How about stopping the devaluation of wages by printing money and giving it to the rich to buy poor people's labour with, so there might actually be some benefit to working for less than £20k?

what do you do?

network and hardware maintenance....just lost a big customer...couple of K down on payment.

relaunching the Steel and warehouse business....no bites yet.

no chunky jobs in sight, just lots of little bits...they do add up but it is a change in the pattern....

And suppliers are contacting me looking for work.....apart from the constant mobile phone and advertisers, that is a sign that we are all suffering.

It will take time but is easy to fix, remove the incentives.

No council house just cause you have kids.

Council waiting lists priorities should be changed drastically to support those in work.

No extra benefits beyond the first two children.

The levels of housing benefit should be amended so that it will only support up to a three bedroom house at most. If you have two kids of the same sex then you are only entitled to housing benefit up to the 2 bed rate.

A cut in benefits if you or your children act anti-socially.

Make parents responsible for their childrens actions, if they misbehave you get punished as well.

There should be a curfew for kids, they should not be roaming the streets after 7 or 8 at night. Maybe if their parents had to deal with them they might instill a bit more discipline.

This will be controversial but no vote if you are on benefits, until you are contributing to society you shouldn't get a say in how it is run

The government could bring these changes in straight away by exempting anyone from the rules where the children have already been born. This would not penalize people already in the system but stop any new ones.

Reduce tax and NI at the lower levels of pay , ...Give a proper tax cut and make it worth while people going to work on sh-t money.

+1 to make people want to work you have to make work the best option they have.

Right now it isn't, benefits pay more than working.

So my solution:

1) 15k personal allowance.

2) Abolish NI and Employers NI (they are both income tax by another name)

3) Flat income tax at 47.5% (simplifies things and is a tax cut for anyone earning less than £43k)

4) Replace all benefits (inc pensions) with a negative income tax at 47.5% for adults only. (this makes any job pay more than no job)

5) Abolish the minimum wage (would introduce many more low paid [and therefore low skill] jobs that people could do)

I think that would solve the benefits trap problem and at the same time give the economy a boost.

1) Leave the EU so we dont have all the Poles and eastern Euros coming to fill the skills shortages in plumbing/building/farmworking etc.

2) Quit trying to force 50% of people into university and instead put them on plumbing/building/farmworking courses.

3) Stop punishing aspiration.

Thats probably 500k to 1 million off benefits right there.

"The best way to help the poor is to make them uncomfortable in their poverty" - Thomas Jefferson

They will eventually drag themselves out.

Edited by Bookerman

Stick radio-isotopes under the bus seats. Chavs using the buses get sterilised without knowing it. No babies come along, but they think all is working normally.

You've seen it all before. Broken family, half a dozen children by 8 different men :lol: rough council estate, social workers, blah blah etc.

Simple, choose one or more:

- any social security replaced by council subsidised jobs - wiping the streets, etc ...

- no social security is based on amount of children - only flat rate per family

- no voting right for anybody, who has not been in job for last 4 years

- social accommodation - strictly one room only with communal bathrooms - police station in the middle of the estate

- extra cash for parents if the child passes GCSE/A levels

But Labour would never allow it as nobody would vote for them anymore ...

The democracy will collapse when non-productive members of the society (aka parasites) hit 50% of the population ...

I am sorry for the people who can not get a job, but I am more sorry for the guys on the minimal wage, who have to wake up early every morning to work hard and have less than people on the doll ...