House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest anorthosite

Who Says Smokimg Is Bad For You?

Guest anorthosite

It doesn't seem to have hurt Alex Higgins:

article-0-09A5A268000005DC-573_468x788.jpg

<Irony mode off>

He used to match Oliver Reed drink for drink and they were known to spike each other's drinks with perfume and household cleaning products :o

So there is no guarantee the (throat) cancer comes from smoking.

Guest happy?

It doesn't seem to have hurt Alex Higgins:

article-0-09A5A268000005DC-573_468x788.jpg

<Irony mode off>

You are clearly suffering from Zanuliebour thought crimes.

Smoking is:

• Good for you
  • Good for freedom
  • Good for the economy
  • Good for the country
  • Good for foxes - they actually enjoy it

Please attend your local ConDem good citizen re-training facility.

Legend. Did more than anybody else to popularise snooker. And he's making a comeback. Seriously.

124.2.jpg

http://www.espn.co.uk/more/sport/story/5922.html

Alex Higgins is on the comeback trail for the Snooker Legends tour, but one of the greatest talents ever to grace the game feels he could still be a match for the world's elite even at the age of 60.

Legend. Did more than anybody else to popularise snooker. And he's making a comeback. Seriously.

124.2.jpg

http://www.espn.co.uk/more/sport/story/5922.html

Completely agree, snooker is the most difficult sport, and it doesn't surprise me the best players ever to play used to have go through 10-15 pints a night to play it.

You can't compare today's players to yesterday's as the tables at the moment are pristine whereas back then they were like your grandfather's cardigan.

I used to be able to put in 50 breaks once or twice a week, took a year off and can't do red-colour-red, there's not many sports that require that amount of practice, dedication and concentration. The kids who play 12 hours a day through their teens just are unbelievable and that's what the sport takes.

Guest anorthosite

The Daily Mail's doing a good job with the freak show today, check out these guys:

article-0-09A11618000005DC-552_468x738.jpg

Completely agree, snooker is the most difficult sport, and it doesn't surprise me the best players ever to play used to have go through 10-15 pints a night to play it.

You can't compare today's players to yesterday's as the tables at the moment are pristine whereas back then they were like your grandfather's cardigan.

I used to be able to put in 50 breaks once or twice a week, took a year off and can't do red-colour-red, there's not many sports that require that amount of practice, dedication and concentration. The kids who play 12 hours a day through their teens just are unbelievable and that's what the sport takes.

Yeah, that's it - blame Gordon Brown for my Grandfather's cardigan, blame Blair, blame Mandelson - blame anyone but my Grandad, 'cause it couldn't possibly be his fault could it?? Woof.

Clegg and Cameron may be talking about cardigan reform to our faces, but behind our back, hnnnnn yap, they are working with Obama, Bush, Cheney and their Bilderberg paymasters to make billions of knitting needles out of the bones of orphans. Grrrr.

You'll all be sorry in 6 months time when the honeymoon is over and the only, WOOFFF, thing you are allowed to wear are shit cardigans with Bullingdon Club badges.

Guest anorthosite

Is that Cleggaron minstrelled up?

Funny, I thought it was you and King Stromba.

Guest anorthosite

I can't wear a bow tie.

Bow ties are cool.

So are fezes.

with over 2 million carcenogenic chemicals ciggies are definitly bad...

still do it though :huh:

guess the delusion of invincibility helps. :D

Guest X-QUORK

It helps stop Alzheimers as well

Yes, and it makes you respected by more feeble men.

Guest absolutezero

Whatever happened to King Stromba? I miss the dunce cap.

Guest anorthosite

Whatever happened to King Stromba? I miss the dunce cap.

Don't tempt fate!

Who are they, what's the story and where's the linky? Certainly a little odd looking.