House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Soul Reaver

The Depression Of 2010

I went into hibernation for a while and have just surfaced and am surprised to see some things have changed but not as much as I expected them too. Here we are in 2010 and yet I see no depression yet?

I remember buying Freds book back in 07 and I could see it then but as of yet it does not seem to be materialising. I am also seeing house Prices on Hampton back at the 300k mark up from 240k a year ago :(

I remember buying Freds book back in 07 and I could see it then but as of yet it does not seem to be materialising. I am also seeing house Prices on Hampton back at the 300k mark up from 240k a year ago :(

You're seeing the effects of a liberal monetary policy which, while delaying the inevitable has shifted the problem onto sovereign nations. These are now close to defaulting, which is causing the strain to (once again) be transferred to more viable entities (e.g. Germany) but this can't last.

It's a time game with a snow ball. You can push the problem away further into the future but like real life snowballs it gets bigger until :o

You're seeing the effects of a liberal monetary policy which, while delaying the inevitable has shifted the problem onto sovereign nations. These are now close to defaulting, which is causing the strain to (once again) be transferred to more viable entities (e.g. Germany) but this can't last.

It's a time game with a snow ball. You can push the problem away further into the future but like real life snowballs it gets bigger until :o

It all ends happily ever after, with the government printing so much money that everyone can retire?

It all ends happily ever after, with the government printing so much money that everyone can retire?

No, but you might want to buy stocks in wheelbarrow manufactures.

you might have a different attitude if you'd lost your job and can't get another.

So far the pain has been mainly in the private sector, but its about to hit the public sector big time.

In years to come we'll certainly remember 09/10/11 for something. Whether its another great depression we've yet to see...

Ive not been here for ages and lost touch with a lot of the goings on.

Which countrys/economys still have any money ? Looks to me the whole world needs to deflate or inflate as every one is broke(UK Europe, US, Japan,China soverign funds etc) to get things on an even keil. Is this correct or is someone holding a lot of power to come back in and dominate the world economy ?