House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gruffydd

Bloody Brilliant Guitar...

Guest theboltonfury

Some of these guys are truly incredible. The way some of these people use their accoustics as percussive instruments as well as guitars is out of this world. As any guitar player will know, when this sort of style is played it's almost another instrument. Brilliant fingerpicking style is a world away from the more traditional style of rock and blues with a pick. I can do the latter but would be a 3/10 at the former.

For me, Paul Simon is every bit as good a guitarist as Hendrix. I would also add a personal opinion that for sheer talent and difficulty, look no further than concert standard classical players and Flamenco style.

Guest theboltonfury

Surprised there is no Ronnie Dio thread, he must be in anyone`s top ten greatest rock singers? Didn`t know he took his name from a mobster (featured as a character in Goodfellas)

Rainbow in the Dark was a recent addition to the Tune of the Day thread. Quality!

Some good stuff.

Here are a few vids of Paco de Lucia. His techincial ability is just staggering. Its just a pity a lot of the flamenco stuff he plays is a bit dry and he isnt very well known.

Guest theboltonfury

Some good stuff.

Here are a few vids of Paco de Lucia. His techincial ability is just staggering. Its just a pity a lot of the flamenco stuff he plays is a bit dry and he isnt very well known.

I pleased we share this view. Have you seen his work with Al Di Meola?

I pleased we share this view. Have you seen his work with Al Di Meola?

Yeah, it was a really good grouping. That being said, i didnt feel that their most famous number, Mediterranean Sundance, was as good as the original Rio Ancho.

This video makes a sad contrast to the John Martyn

in one in the original post:

Here's another gem by an unsung hero - an unusual instrumental cover:

Oh, and the sublime to the terrible - I find this surprising fascinating, a bit like a hedgehog looking at the lights of an approaching car

Not just bad guitar, but bad everything.

All join in now -"its dah final cow-down"

I have got crates upon crates of the most amazing, weird and wonderful guitar music you will ever have heard - doubtless boltonfury will have heard a lot of it, he seems to know his stuff being a teacher and all! Must admit jazz and the airy acoustic stuff doesn't altogether appeal to me. Used to be into guitar music for guitar music's sake, but bored after 7+ years of that. Now I'm back into proper solid songs by Queen and the like, as well as learning a bit of classical. Not playing as much as prior - just for fun now.. would loved to have started a great band but the musicians are hard to find. Find it hard to get motivated at times, what's the point, you know? It seems fun for fun's sake is no fun when you struggle to save for pension and a house ;) I'm becoming such a cynic... at only 25 years old!

Music is generally crap nowadays.

Good stuff all round - can't beat the energy of a great guitar performance.