House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Just Been Charged By The Police...

... for refusing to leave a pub. Apart from the free taxi ride home, what does it mean? :unsure:

It depends on whether they decide to prosecute you. Were you very naughty? If not, they probably won't bother.

What was the charge - drunk and disorderly?

I refused to leave the pub while the landlord served and drank his own laher. Meanwhile he took my drink off me looked the doors and called the police. I have no proof of this as he threw his drink away and ulocked the doors just before the police arrived. 1 cop kept me company taking my details while the other went next door (the kitchen) with him. She came out saying he wants to press charges and ban me. What the f*** do I care its a sh*te village boozer but they say I will have to pay 30 squid. !?! :huh: :angry: :angry: :huh:

I refused to leave the pub while the landlord served and drank his own laher. Meanwhile he took my drink off me looked the doors and called the police. I have no proof of this as he threw his drink away and ulocked the doors just before the police arrived. 1 cop kept me company taking my details while the other went next door (the kitchen) with him. She came out saying he wants to press charges and ban me. What the f*** do I care its a sh*te village boozer but they say I will have to pay 30 squid. !?!  :huh:  :angry:  :angry:  :huh:

I don't under stand :huh:

Years ago I was drinking with an ex-policeman that told me if a tramp

walked into a pub, bought a drink, sat down and refused to go if the Landlord

asked him to (during licence hours) the poliice could do nothing about it.

Because it is a 'public house' as long as he was causing no nuisance (drunk)

;) come-on shaker... what did you really do? ;)

Officer, I would have returned home but I have non to go to.

Now this is because of the high house prices and this has been supported by fraudulent income non verified mortgages which you as a force have had evidience of for the last three years..

(see "lie to buy" thread for the BBC article)

Unfortunatly the police have refused to stop this fraud and this makes them Complicit to a fraud.. as they have taken no action..

Therefor officer.. as a home owner and a policeman you are complicit to a fraud that you have profited from as the equity in your home increased.

This is a serious criminal matter and it saddens me that I can not legally respect your authority.

Infact officer I now place you under a citizens arrest..

go on..

Strictly its true. This is how serious we are all getting clobbered by this fraud and its effect on the country.

We are now living in a country where the police have sacrificed their authority to line their pockets with money that they cannot be bothererd to earn but are willing to sacrifice our future for.

To that end it is an anarchy.. Ironically only to the strict letter of the law.

Does the above seem stuppid..?

well so is £600,000,000,000 of extra debt and about a 1/3rd of all new mortgages.. (more then the number of people climbing on to the ladder. Not people with equity shielding them from rises but more then the number of FTB' trying to enter the market...) looking fraudulent

Guest Riser
I refused to leave the pub while the landlord served and drank his own laher. Meanwhile he took my drink off me looked the doors and called the police. I have no proof of this as he threw his drink away and ulocked the doors just before the police arrived. 1 cop kept me company taking my details while the other went next door (the kitchen) with him. She came out saying he wants to press charges and ban me. What the f*** do I care its a sh*te village boozer but they say I will have to pay 30 squid. !?!  :huh:  :angry:  :angry:  :huh:

Shaker,

You didn't happen to be talking to the landlord about house prices and the House Price Crash website did you?, you should know by now how much that can wind people up :lol:

I don't under stand :huh:

Years ago I was drinking with an ex-policeman that told me if a tramp

walked into a pub, bought a drink, sat down and refused to go if the Landlord

asked him to (during licence hours) the poliice could do nothing about it.

Because it is a 'public house' as long as he was causing no nuisance (drunk)

;) come-on shaker... what did you really do? ;)

It may be a public house, but it's the landlords front room, and if my understanding is correct he has every right to remove people he doesn't want in there, and the police have full powers if they're asked to remove someone from the premises. It's the same premise as running a shop - they have absolutely no obligation to sell their goods to you should they not want to.

As for what the police will do, my guess is absolutely nothing.

... for refusing to leave a pub. Apart from the free taxi ride home, what does it mean?  :unsure:

In my day you'd have been taken out the back and given a slap! Now, if they proceed, you'll have a record and a stain on your character for ever instead of a blood stain on your shirt which would've washed out!

if a landlord asks you to leave public house you must go. he does not require a reason.

same for the end of hours. you must leave.

its hardly the crime of the century, but with your past convictions for grooming it wont hold well in front of the madge.

since you were arrested at the scene (?) you cant deny knowledge. your best defence in my opinion would be to continually repeat the into music from 'Murphys Mob' and hope the judge has at least some compassion for scruffy inner london urchins.

My advice would be to take the punishment if you get fined.

£30 is only £30 and he did have the right to ask you to leave. Chalk it up to experience as they say and don't go back to the pub.

In some villages I have known pubs to regularly exchange lists of people who are banned. It's not worth causing aggro if you don't want to risk getting banned from every pub in a 20 mile radius.

SB

How can you be charged with refusing to leave a pub when the landlord locks you in.

What is the charge on the sheet? Public order offence?

How can you counter him with the offence of holding you against you will, if you refused to leave.

Did the landlord place you under citizens arrest? Seems like it if he’s so keen to press charges.

Shouldn’t think it’ll go much further, if we can’t work it all out I’m sure CPS couldn’t.

Will ask wife for you though. She works in this field.

Shaker tell the plods that you could not get up due to your recent painful back crack and sack appointment ( See off topic discussion ) :rolleyes:

Your wife works in the field of petulant pub punter protection?

pmsl.gif

Ex publican here

I must say in my 8 years as a landlord I never locked in someone I wanted off the premises!!!!!

And whilst in "Law "publicans have the "right" to ask anybody to leave the premises without giving a reason, they rarely do so.

Some punters may look on a landlord as a "beer drinkers labour" the reality is they the punters are there as the "guests" of the landlord [all be it paying ones]

As a landlord what constituted a goood night to me was, a busy pub, happy punters and a full till [and not neccesarily in that order] :rolleyes: Aggro is the last thing a landlord wants, I've had to eject abusive / aggressive punters and been assaulted in the proccess, but they've still went through those doors one way or another. Second last thing a publican wants, is to call the police, as it could go against licence renewal if it was considered he was running a disorderly house. So if they were called it is in all probability because you were considered to be likely to cause criminal damage or assault.

Punters ban themselves through their own bad behaviour, land lords just enforce the ban.

Have I been banned ? well I once tipped a pint over a landlords head. And told another one to shove his pub up his a*se.........so I dare say I would have been banned if I had tried to go back in .......... but I was young at the time. :rolleyes:

Did he call time and then give you time to finish your pint?

If so you haven't a leg to stand on and should have left when asked.

Even if he just asked to leave for no reason you still have to leave though I can't see why he would do this to a paying customer??? Were you dancing on the tables?

Still I doubt the CPS will press charges so will he fund a private prosecution? Not sure even what the charge would be.

As he locked the door with you inside he is in a difficult position. Perhaps you could sue him for wrongful imprisonment?

Your wife works in the field of petulant pub punter protection?

For what it’s worth

Wife read SB’s thread, and commented:

Shakerbaby wrote this while he was still p***** judging by the time of post and amount of typos. He seems to have forgotten the details of what really happened at the time of the offence, he seems to be a bit foul mouthed at the time he wrote the first post and was probably worse earlier. The offence was most likely Drunk and disorderly if the fine is going to be about thirty pounds, which was getting off lightly.

The landlord as SC said has every right to refuse to serve him, as he is the licensee, unless on the grounds of racism, sexism, disableism or any other ism.

The landlord can drink on his own premises after hours, but not sell it.

Questionable whether the door was really locked might have been a security chain, as how would the land lord know the police were coming as they do not usually use blue lights or sirens attending a drunk and disorderly call, like shoplifting.

Any SB we still love you even though the rural licensed victuallers and local constabulary don’t.