House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

osbaldwick

Dj Announces 'the Queen Is Dead'

Not the best career move view story

Chris Morris used to announce bogus deaths on a fairly regular basis (admittedly not the queen herself, but certainly the queen mother, Michael Heseltine, Jimmy Saville and a few other celebrities) and it never seemed to do his career any harm. :)

Guest theboltonfury

Chris Morris used to announce bogus deaths on a fairly regular basis (admittedly not the queen herself, but certainly the queen mother, Michael Heseltine, Jimmy Saville and a few other celebrities) and it never seemed to do his career any harm. :)

To be fair, he's banned from most channels.

Guest theboltonfury

True, but that Brass Eye special on pedophiles probably didn't help.

Or his sketch about 'good aids' and 'bad aids'. One being via blood transfusion and the other being because you were infected via bum sex.

Guest Noodle

was funny though ....

In fairness, it was brutal comedy at a time political correctness was starting to piss everyone off. You know, just prior to acceptance of PC due to a national brainwashing by Blair.

In fairness, it was brutal comedy at a time political correctness was starting to piss everyone off. You know, just prior to acceptance of PC due to a national brainwashing by Blair.

I remember seeing at the time and being absolutely flabbergasted it had been broadcast. Even more dumbfounded by how many people didn't seem to understand it was a spoof.

I guess if it was made and broadcast these days it would barely get a shrugged shoulder.

Guest Noodle

I remember seeing at the time and being absolutely flabbergasted it had been broadcast. Even more dumbfounded by how many people didn't seem to understand it was a spoof.

I guess if it was made and broadcast these days it would barely get a shrugged shoulder.

Phil Collins was pissed right off after talking 'nonse sense'.

Tricky subject but savage comedy and not for the faint of heart.

True, but that Brass Eye special on pedophiles probably didn't help.

Again, to be fair, that was actually about media and society paranoia and over reaction to paedophiles, it's just that many people were too thick (or too screming left wing and PC) to realise.

Guest Noodle

Again, to be fair, that was actually about media and society paranoia and over reaction to paedophiles, it's just that many people were too thick (or too screming left wing and PC) to realise.

Same as that.

Shame the over reaction wasn't translated into adequate sentencing tariffs for nonces.

Chris Morris & Armando Iannucci are on a different plane when you compare them to other comedians.. The Paedogeddon episode hit the nail on the proverbial head..

This was in the Daily Star, which says it all about scumbag tabloid journalism...Didn't one of them even print his phone number & address?

charlotte.jpg

I remember that well. I'm ashamed to say that for about a minute I fell for it hook line and sinker. The fact that I was watching a Chris Morris show should have tipped me off, but then I am possibly the most gullible twit ever.