House Price Crash Forum

Dj Announces 'the Queen Is Dead'

osbaldwick

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest theboltonfury

Chris Morris used to announce bogus deaths on a fairly regular basis (admittedly not the queen herself, but certainly the queen mother, Michael Heseltine, Jimmy Saville and a few other celebrities) and it never seemed to do his career any harm. :)

To be fair, he's banned from most channels.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest theboltonfury

True, but that Brass Eye special on pedophiles probably didn't help.

Or his sketch about 'good aids' and 'bad aids'. One being via blood transfusion and the other being because you were infected via bum sex.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Noodle

was funny though ....

In fairness, it was brutal comedy at a time political correctness was starting to piss everyone off. You know, just prior to acceptance of PC due to a national brainwashing by Blair.

HOLA449

In fairness, it was brutal comedy at a time political correctness was starting to piss everyone off. You know, just prior to acceptance of PC due to a national brainwashing by Blair.

I remember seeing at the time and being absolutely flabbergasted it had been broadcast. Even more dumbfounded by how many people didn't seem to understand it was a spoof.

I guess if it was made and broadcast these days it would barely get a shrugged shoulder.

HOLA4410
Guest Noodle

I remember seeing at the time and being absolutely flabbergasted it had been broadcast. Even more dumbfounded by how many people didn't seem to understand it was a spoof.

I guess if it was made and broadcast these days it would barely get a shrugged shoulder.

Phil Collins was pissed right off after talking 'nonse sense'.

Tricky subject but savage comedy and not for the faint of heart.

HOLA4411

True, but that Brass Eye special on pedophiles probably didn't help.

Again, to be fair, that was actually about media and society paranoia and over reaction to paedophiles, it's just that many people were too thick (or too screming left wing and PC) to realise.

HOLA4412
Guest Noodle

Again, to be fair, that was actually about media and society paranoia and over reaction to paedophiles, it's just that many people were too thick (or too screming left wing and PC) to realise.

Same as that.

Shame the over reaction wasn't translated into adequate sentencing tariffs for nonces.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Chris Morris & Armando Iannucci are on a different plane when you compare them to other comedians.. The Paedogeddon episode hit the nail on the proverbial head..

This was in the Daily Star, which says it all about scumbag tabloid journalism...Didn't one of them even print his phone number & address?

charlotte.jpg

HOLA4415

I remember that well. I'm ashamed to say that for about a minute I fell for it hook line and sinker. The fact that I was watching a Chris Morris show should have tipped me off, but then I am possibly the most gullible twit ever.

Archived