House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
okaycuckoo

Housing Minister To Review Help For Homeowners

New gubmint to continue with 6.08% for mortgage interest payments? Or demand actual value for money for taxpayers?

"Figures published today by the Council of Mortgage Lenders and the Ministry of Justice show that the threat of repossession remains very real for homeowners across the country.
"That's why the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, Eric Pickles, will be asking the new Housing Minister to take a fresh look at existing Government schemes which help homeowners struggling to pay their mortgage and make sure that they offer the best deal for homeowners, as well as value for money for the taxpayer."

http://www.communities.gov.uk/news/housing/1575985

Just as Labour were desperate in 97 to shed their mantle of fiscal incompetence from the 70s, so are the Tories keen to remove their ASBO for being nasty to people living in rented bank accomodation.

well if he chooses to talk the V.I. talk that's fine, but I trust he will commit them V.I.s to slow roasted h*ll like boiled frogs

They can't afford to keep paying the repayments but can they afford to let the mortgage book on our banks break?

(Is there a figure for what % of mortgages are now in taxpayer owned banks?)

They can't afford to keep paying the repayments but can they afford to let the mortgage book on our banks break?

(Is there a figure for what % of mortgages are now in taxpayer owned banks?)

Yep, can't risk exposing to the general public again, that banks are empty, non-entities!

(Nowadays, they only exist to exploit them to the max)

Edited by erranta

So is this 'working tax payer who has to rent because they can't afford to buy bails out the feckless who took out a mortgage they could not afford' part two ... I will be doubtless be called a crackpot again but why did they not take out some form of insurance? or have some savings to cover any period of unemployment?

On another thread there was a post where someone was selling their motorbike so they could pay the legal fees for their house purchase, still no problem, house prices are rocketing and if you can't pay your mortgage the government will and later you get to keep any profit...

I love the way people think future taxes of children not yet old enough to vote, should be used to keep house prices too high

the mind boggles

I love the way people think future taxes of children not yet old enough to vote, should be used to keep house prices too high

the mind boggles

Indeed it does. I despair when I see primary school children happily at play; they have no idea what is in store for them...

Indeed it does. I despair when I see primary school children happily at play; they have no idea what is in store for them...

I suspect they may be the next baby boomers, I worry more about current 15-22 year olds

Edited by Si1

That statement can be looked at in one of two ways.

1. "We want to make sure people are supported in their hour of need."

2. "We're paying them how much???!!!"

Indeed.

How telling is this part of the statement, "Value for money for the taxpayer"?

I think June 22nd will be very telling.

So is this 'working tax payer who has to rent because they can't afford to buy bails out the feckless who took out a mortgage they could not afford' part two ... I will be doubtless be called a crackpot again but why did they not take out some form of insurance? or have some savings to cover any period of unemployment?

On another thread there was a post where someone was selling their motorbike so they could pay the legal fees for their house purchase, still no problem, house prices are rocketing and if you can't pay your mortgage the government will and later you get to keep any profit...

We all know why they did not take out insurence, too expensive on top ot the idiot mortgage they too out. Savings?" Why bother with any of them when your house goes up in value 10% a year.

This is seriously annoying.

Not only am I priced out but my taxes are paying the mortgages of the morons who helped price me out - either in the form of help paying the mortgage or in the form of housing benefit I am wondering why I bother, I need to give up on my personal motivation, with a bit more Jeremy Kyle watching I could probably get signed off long term sick very easily given my recent medical history, there really is no point for me working any more,

Indeed.

How telling is this part of the statement, "Value for money for the taxpayer"?

I think June 22nd will be very telling.

Not too long to wait for what could well be a new paradigm.

Me being the eternal optimist and all.

That statement can be looked at in one of two ways.

1. "We want to make sure people are supported in their hour of need."

2. "We're paying them how much???!!!"

By "them"you mean, "the banks"

p.s. See how much bigger my font is? Yoooou don't know! :P

Edited by okaycuckoo