House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Malthus

Budget Cut Backs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8688807.stm

Invest NI has said it fears it could miss out on opportunities for inward investment because of a lack of funds brought about by public spending cuts.

The agency is bracing itself for reductions in its budget over the next few years.

There are already plans to trim £6m from its £208m budget.

A starter from Invest NI , imho their budget should be cut by £208m and no one would notice :ph34r:

The way they treat local enterprises and get abused by larger inward "investors" is scandalous, everyone knows about it too. They really need to refocus their efforts and investments in a way that actually really benefits the people and businesses of Northern Ireland. Must resisting story telling..

Whilst I have benefitted from INI money I do tend to agree. NI needs small starts to grow and drive the economy. Giving all the money away to the big guys is merely treading water. On the other hand, could NI make it through the loss of the bigger corporations having been so short of seedling industries in recent times?

Whilst I have benefitted from INI money I do tend to agree. NI needs small starts to grow and drive the economy. Giving all the money away to the big guys is merely treading water. On the other hand, could NI make it through the loss of the bigger corporations having been so short of seedling industries in recent times?

Imo the best way for the government to help business is to step aside and let them get on with it , red tape is the problem not a lack of grants :angry:

Here's another fine play for some tax payers money

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8689196.stm

Lack of data makes it "very difficult" to provide suitable support, according to Patricia Lewsley.

She said newcomer children, who may be refugees or from asylum seeking families can be more vulnerable to exploitation, abuse and poor education.

Speechless ;)

They really get played by bigger companies and I know of local enterprises that have struggled by and eventually become successful after being laughed out by INI for not doing whatever is flavour of the month, guessing there are others that have failed because of it that, with a fraction of the support rolled out to others they too might have prospered. We had funding too and that was a farce, they really need to follow up on what the big companies actually use the money to employ X employees for, as they rarely do what they say they will. Bringing INI up in a conversation with people who have had dealings with them usually gets a lot of stories :)

Edited by ratatat