House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gone baby gone

Scientists Concerned About Safety Of New Airport X-Ray Scanners

http://gizmodo.com/5540815/scientists-concerned-about-safety-of-new-airport-x+ray-scanners

Are you in the unlucky 5%? You'll find out when you're dying of cancer... or not....

"There really is no other technology around where we're planning to X-ray such an enormous number of individuals," Brenner told the caucus and congressional staffers. "It's really unprecedented in the radiation world..."

Recent research, Brenner says, indicates that about 5 percent of the population - one person in 20 - is especially sensitive to radiation. These people have gene mutations that make them less able to repair X-ray damage to their DNA. Two examples are the BRCA-1 and BRCA-2 mutations associated with breast and ovarian cancer, but scientists believe many more such defects are unknown.

"I don't know if I'm one of those 5 percent. I don't know if you're one of those 5 percent," Brenner says, "And we don't really have a quick and easy test to find those individuals."

http://gizmodo.com/5540815/scientists-concerned-about-safety-of-new-airport-x+ray-scanners

Are you in the unlucky 5%? You'll find out when you're dying of cancer... or not....

Interesting but I would have thought that the exposure time was so short that the risk would be very small. I would imagine its about the same length of time as a standard x ray.

Interesting but I would have thought that the exposure time was so short that the risk would be very small. I would imagine its about the same length of time as a standard x ray.

How many xrays do you have a year though? And how many flights do you take per year? I'm pish poor but have managed by May to be out of the UK 3 times already (usually doing business for other people and scraping a flight out of it).

3 Xrays per year + the dental one I get now and again + medical ones I have now and again..

It all adds up you know.

Will there be an option for those who are already concerned about their level of x-ray exposure to opt out?

I had a CAT scan last year. I want as little exposure to X-rays as possible in the future after receiveing a mega-dose in a short time.

Will there be an option for those who are already concerned about their level of x-ray exposure to opt out?

I had a CAT scan last year. I want as little exposure to X-rays as possible in the future after receiveing a mega-dose in a short time.

Doubt it , the gov said no scan no fly.

I mean what do you think we are a democracy?

Oh btw eborders stopped 48000 people last year so racial profiling is active now.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Anyone know if they're planning to do anything about these in the repeal bill? I hope they do something about the 100ml liquid thing too.

No way. Think of the drop in beverage sales in the departure lounge.

Anyone know if they're planning to do anything about these in the repeal bill? I hope they do something about the 100ml liquid thing too.

There's nothing about it in the Coalition document, and since Israel went to a lot of effort to ensure that their businesses profit, I imagine there'll be a strong lobbying effort against gettting rid of them.

Quite the opposite... Everyone's a suspect...

2925143911_c745ae2fec.jpg

Thing is,if they put their mind to it,there ARE potentially other technologies available.

irradiating everyone in the hope that you'll find the bloke with a packet of semtex stuck up his @rse isn't going to work in this type of war.The guys they really need to watch out for are probably the "bug chasers"

these are the maniacs who,in the gay community would go and deliberately infect themselves with AIDS or the like,and deliberately try and pass "the gift" as they call it on to others.Such a process could(and probably will) be weaponised.

they need to use pheromone scanning or something to pick this up.X-rays and MMWL will be pretty useless detecting these.

There already devices of this fashion used in airports in UAE and saudi as far as I know to pick up potential druggies.

Thing is,if they put their mind to it,there ARE potentially other technologies available.

irradiating everyone in the hope that you'll find the bloke with a packet of semtex stuck up his @rse isn't going to work in this type of war.The guys they really need to watch out for are probably the "bug chasers"

these are the maniacs who,in the gay community would go and deliberately infect themselves with AIDS or the like,and deliberately try and pass "the gift" as they call it on to others.Such a process could(and probably will) be weaponised.

they need to use pheromone scanning or something to pick this up.X-rays and MMWL will be pretty useless detecting these.

There already devices of this fashion used in airports in UAE and saudi as far as I know to pick up potential druggies.

The only people who have tried to blow up planes have had links to the intelligence services.

False flags for war and to drum up trade for the security industry.