House Price Crash Forum
Bloo Loo

Food Parcel Inflation Not The Same As The Cpi

Ok, i didnt record it last month, so this is in comparison to 23rd March 2010

for the food, the price is DOWN 18p to £39.77

add in the fuel cost though, which is a tank (50L) of 4 star UL the basket is up 1.84% to £100.27 from £98.45

annualised then roughly 11% inflation including the fuel or -2.8% just for the food.

there were a number of specials and bogofs which happened to fall into the basket by chance though.

add in the fuel cost though, which is a tank (50L) of 4 star UL the basket is up 1.84% to £100.27 from £98.45

annualised then roughly 11% inflation including the fuel or -2.8% just for the food.

there were a number of specials and bogofs which happened to fall into the basket by chance though.

I hope that your daughter is doing well. These monthly "Red Cross" parcels must by a great comfort and give a welcome sense of stability in these uncertain times.

I remain sceptical about the wisdom of sending 50 litres of petroleum spirit by regular mail.

p-o-p

I hope that your daughter is doing well. These monthly "Red Cross" parcels must by a great comfort and give a welcome sense of stability in these uncertain times.

I remain sceptical about the wisdom of sending 50 litres of petroleum spirit by regular mail.

p-o-p

she is currently in stalag Keycamp in South of France, sunbavin and doing the cafe service.

such is the power of todays degree calibre student.

p-o-p

:lol: You're in very good form today. Wonderfuel.

she is currently in stalag Keycamp in South of France, sunbavin and doing the cafe service.

You should be proud.

I'm working class and I could never pronounce 'cafe-latte'.

If you pay for her to do a masters, she may be able to serve 'frappachinos' and get an unpaid internship in Starbucks. (But only if you have the right connections mind)

Sounds like a good way to sit out a depression if you ask me, she can either work her ar5e off in the UK so that her landlord can afford his mortgage or she can enjoy herself in the sun. Most 20somethings I know are taking option A, they're not happy.

How do you do a food parcel comparison between March and May? Or between any two different months?

On reading your post, it occurred to me for a moment to try something similar. But neither the asparagus nor the rhubarb I've just eaten would've been in season in March, nor will they be later in the year. My food basket will have a seasonal slump around September when blackberries are £0.00.

I'd find a year-to-year comparison more convincing.

Sounds like a good way to sit out a depression if you ask me, she can either work her ar5e off in the UK so that her landlord can afford his mortgage or she can enjoy herself in the sun. Most 20somethings I know are taking option A, they're not happy.

When TSHTF most brits working abroad will be told to get lost as the locals will opt to give local jobs to local people.

The plans many people on this board have to "move to France" if it all goes T/U are laughable.

Most countries in Europe have a much greater sense of nationalism. British people simply wont be welcome unless they are bringing money to spend.

When TSHTF most brits working abroad will be told to get lost as the locals will opt to give local jobs to local people.

The plans many people on this board have to "move to France" if it all goes T/U are laughable.

Most countries in Europe have a much greater sense of nationalism. British people simply wont be welcome unless they are bringing money to spend.

You find the attitude you bring.

Some Brits live in their little ex-pat communities, can't be arsed to learn the language, and don't attempt to make a life locally. I expect these are the ones you have in mind.

Those of us who do learn the language and venture out of the bubble are made welcome!

How do you do a food parcel comparison between March and May? Or between any two different months?

On reading your post, it occurred to me for a moment to try something similar. But neither the asparagus nor the rhubarb I've just eaten would've been in season in March, nor will they be later in the year. My food basket will have a seasonal slump around September when blackberries are £0.00.

I'd find a year-to-year comparison more convincing.

I used to report monthly from 2008.

she doesnt get a parcel now.

the food is the same every time. bread, milk, veges fruit...always available....veges and souces are cheap this month.

petrol I just priced up 50L from the same store.

shopping around could get you a saving of course.

no substitutes.

veges and souces are cheap this month.

Well of course! March is the dog-end of the bad season, when even the winter's root vegetables are past their best - so nearly everything is either imported or preserved. May is into the season of abundance: lots of delicious stuff grown in the UK and nearby European countries.

souces?