House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Damik

Made (Saved) Today Arround £10K

I just made (saved) arround £10k today ....

How???

Just checked the RightMove with Property Bee:

- Harlow (Essex)

- added in last 24h

9 price redections from 23 listings (40%)

Everage price reduction arround £10k ....

Similiar to the rest of Essex .... Places like Bristol or Liverpool falling even faster ....

With 0.5% interest rates, CPI 3.7% and RPI 5.3% ....

HPI kiss my a.s ..... B)

I'm also in Essex - up near Saffron Walden. Prices definitely dropping - and with the new places coming on - well you just seem to be getting more for you money than you were. Still not enough properties to choose from, but its looking up. We sold last year and would have bought then but nothing much was around for sale in the villages so have been renting ever since.

Sadly many estate agents around here are wise to propertybee - seem to just relist properties on Rightmoves when the price changes. Quite a few places say "initial entry found" but I know for sure they've either been up for sale for a while (so its been done to make them look new to the market) OR they say initial entry found when the price has been dropped. Bit sneaky.

I'm also in Essex - up near Saffron Walden. Prices definitely dropping - and with the new places coming on - well you just seem to be getting more for you money than you were. Still not enough properties to choose from, but its looking up. We sold last year and would have bought then but nothing much was around for sale in the villages so have been renting ever since.

Sadly many estate agents around here are wise to propertybee - seem to just relist properties on Rightmoves when the price changes. Quite a few places say "initial entry found" but I know for sure they've either been up for sale for a while (so its been done to make them look new to the market) OR they say initial entry found when the price has been dropped. Bit sneaky.

Ive been tracking 4beds in Epping for a while....(Theydon Grove especially)

pretty average 4 bed townhouses were consistently above 500k...now seeing cracks and a number still not selling at 460-465k....(some sellers still not willing to reduce e.g. 579k!! -)

I reckon this is a good bell-weather indicator ....

Guest KingCharles1st

Interesting- I was in Bishop's Stortford briefly a few weeks ago, (the next major ton up the M11 from Harlow around 7-8 miles away.)

Noticed a plethora of "For Sale" signs- at the time thought it extremely odd.

But then- the harder they climb- the harder they fall.... :lol:

the SALE AGREED sign seems to be making a comeback round here.

the SALE AGREED sign seems to be making a comeback round here.

Funny thing is, when we sold our flat in London at the back end of last year, our Estate Agent flatly refused to put up a "sale agreed" board. He said it was because it looked bad on them if it were to go back to for sale. Clearly that was happening a lot and made it more obvious people were offering before securing finance first (or completing on the sale of their own property). So he'd rather it was "under offer" until the "sold" board could go up.

We actually just signed up to another 6 months renting here. Chatting to the local agent, he was VERY downbeat. I never knew downbeat/bearish estate agents existed until that moment. I was just passing the time of day, saying we hadn't seen much to buy yet but weren't too worried about prices as they seemed just to be stagnant. But he piped up that prices were actually dropping, the economy is ******ed and that we were best waiting for a bit longer. It was alarming in a refreshing way. Normally they are all "selling like hot cakes, you're missing the boat" types. Or so I thought!

Edited by Roseland69

Here's an example of a drop locally to me.

http://www.rightmove...y-14849583.html

Same here. Proof if ever you need it, never trust an asking price on Rightmove.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-22980346.html (Apparently SSTC for £220k)

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=Flat+1%2C+41+gubyon&n=10 (Actually sold for £18k less)

How???

- Harlow (Essex)

- added in last 24h

Similiar to the rest of Essex .... Places like Bristol or Liverpool falling even faster ....

HPI kiss my a.s ..... B)

Probably some of the effect is GSK closing down half of its' Harlow site with the loss of 1500-2000 jobs.

How???

- Harlow (Essex)

- added in last 24h

HPI kiss my a.s ..... B)

similar storey in my part of lovely Essex, Chelmsford. Around about 30% reductions daily. Stock has increased

nearly 15% now since early march.

So much for the south east being immune.

Probably some of the effect is GSK closing down half of its' Harlow site with the loss of 1500-2000 jobs.

Nope. It is like this in whole Essex. Last week in Luton about 60% reductions from all listings in one day ....

If the Land Registry and Halifax confirms HPC this months and Nationwide joins or it is at least flat the nation (aka sheep) will get the message ....

I'm in south Essex and I'm seeing exactly the same falls. Plently of 10k drops, and more in some cases, on three bed semis, terrace and detatched properties. Also quite a few that have sold then come back on as available. And all this while 1-2% rises are being reported. The figures are definitely being skewed.

The vendors/estate agents around my area just need to get over the phsycological 200k barrier. Every price has to start with a 2 it seems.

Edited by Tunnel Vision

Nope. It is like this in whole Essex. Last week in Luton about 60% reductions from all listings in one day ....

If the Land Registry and Halifax confirms HPC this months and Nationwide joins or it is at least flat the nation (aka sheep) will get the message ....

I did say 'some' of the effect and people working at GSK won't just be living in Harlow.

North Herts is a similar picture, lots more stock, not much selling, prices starting to fall

How???

- Harlow (Essex)

- added in last 24h

HPI kiss my a.s ..... B)

I'm in Harlow also, and too have noticed that there is not only a fair few price reductions coming through, but also a bit of reasonably priced stock coming onto the market. Don't get me wrong, there is still a hell of a lot of unbelieveably priced tosh, some that makes me sit there laughing, but it's movement in the right direction I guess.

Although, saying that, quite a few of the reductions are in the NewHall area, they are massively overpriced boxes I feel.

I'd personally say this would have a very limited effect. Those numbers are grossly exagerated for a start. Secondly, based upon my experience, a lot of GSK staff are not located within Harlow.