House Price Crash Forum

Inflation Up To 3.7%, Rpi 5.3%

You honestly think those in charge want it to be known by millions of people (Including the military) that they allowed the currency to become worthless ?! No danger. They would be shitting bricks if it ever happened. They want to keep people in control, and a collapsing currency/state/financial system with everyone thinking 'What is the point' is the very worst outcome in this regards.

IMO.

There is always MR AK47 to fall back on i.e. you force people into work by holding a gun to their heads, they work slowly and are demotivated but how much difference is there to the situation now? People work in a climate of fear from losing their jobs.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only scam bigger and more insidious than paper money is precious metals.

At least you can't print silver or gold, you can print paper money to oblivion. I mean when the collaspe comes what else can you stick up your bum and take out the country? I'd like to see you try that with tins of food or a house.

In a collaspe situation I have a bow

There is always MR AK47 to fall back on i.e. you force people into work by holding a gun to their heads, they work slowly and are demotivated but how much difference is there to the situation now? People work in a climate of fear from losing their jobs.

But we have seen what can happen when Governments try this. They don't hold the guns, the army does.

But we have seen what can happen when Governments try this. They don't hold the guns, the army does.

And you think the army will have any qualms about murdering us enmasse? I doubt it..

I've seen and heard plenty of people from my school days to when I help out at the local college (it's work) that they want to join the army so they can go shoot p****.

The army are trained not to think but to follow orders, it will be like in Iraq you have an elite loyal guard (ones who are paid more, perhaps mercinaries) who hold guns to the heads of the regular army.

And you think the army will have any qualms about murdering us enmasse? I doubt it..

I've seen and heard plenty of people from my school days to when I help out at the local college (it's work) that they want to join the army so they can go shoot p****.

The army are trained not to think but to follow orders, it will be like in Iraq you have an elite loyal guard (ones who are paid more, perhaps mercinaries) who hold guns to the heads of the regular army.

They would quickly becomes less likely to follow orders if the money they were paid in was worth the same as toilet paper.

Armies turning against Governments is not unusual.

Trust me ex-colleagues are just as angry, the revolutionary list would look similar to ours.

Large percentages of politicians

Chavs

Bankers

Celebrities

Clampers/private traffic wardens

BTLetters (ok thats mine)

Journalists (priority list for Piers Morgan)

Just check potential chippies and pub landlords are on the 'at safe list' :D

The outlook appears gloomier than at any time since the 70's. Massive government deficit,,,massive levels of individual debt....price inflation...wage deflation....weak pound....growing unemployment...government spending cuts....an economy dependant on finance sector which as we nknow is a liability......banks not lending as their balance sheets are depleted and will get worse as house prices fall...please point out some good news!

You've pointed out enough good news already. ;)

But I can add we have a very nervous financial market too, ready to punish any government imprudence.

And an angry nation that will gather in the streets and protest if so much as a single library is closed to save money.