House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DrMartinSanchez

Housing Market Rockets

BRITAIN’S resurgent housing market showed further signs of strong recovery yesterday with evidence that mortgage approvals had almost doubled.

I love it when they use stats that don't really mean anything, but sound positive: "Mortgage lending was 45 per cent higher in March than the same time last year – the ninth consecutive month of year-on-year growth."

Full article:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/175765

Edit: love the comments too.

Edited by DrMartinSanchez

The second part will be tomorrow when the Daily Excrete prints the contrarian line.

Their strategy is to keep their readers' heads in a spin not knowing what to believe so the naive gullible reader turns to the Excrete for clarity!!

It's called Stockholm Syndrome.

Perhaps the Knicker Press are trying to protect something for Brown's legacy (universally high house prices despite a collapsed economy to prove that he did well in preserving the HPI boom).

"HOORAY!"

Hooray for who?

I can't believe a paper can print such a ridiculous and chidish front page heading.

HOORAY!

Is for the 75% of home owners who took part in a survey to say that they thought house prices would rise some 5% this year

I'm lost for words over that headline! I'm beginning to wonder if these Express headlines are some sort of 'in house' joke of the editorial office, it's the only way I can rationalise it.

i just reported it to the press complaint commission. im getting sick of them.

http://www.pcc.org.uk

they breech the terms due to inaccuracy in financial reporting. nicked this snippet from the comments.

"About 45,000 mortgages were lent for house purchase during the month, up from 36,000 in February, according to the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CLA)." Working this out, taking the population as 60 million it works out at 0.075% of the population got a mortgage during the month, up from 0.06%

its not rocketing.

i just reported it to the press complaint commission. im getting sick of them.

http://www.pcc.org.uk

they breech the terms due to inaccuracy in financial reporting. nicked this snippet from the comments.

"About 45,000 mortgages were lent for house purchase during the month, up from 36,000 in February, according to the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CLA)." Working this out, taking the population as 60 million it works out at 0.075% of the population got a mortgage during the month, up from 0.06%

its not rocketing.

but it IS soaring.

I am sick of this toilet paper publication. I cannot believe they can get away with that kind of blatantly inaccurate headline. I am lost for words at how STUPID their readers must be. I cannot articulate the rest of my thoughts without the risk of a court appearance .....

i think this is the journos email,,

i sent two emails as test to check if they had recipient filtering enabled on their mail server. The first mail to xxxx1234@express.co.uk bounced back. The next mail to sarah.o'grady@express.co.uk didn't bounce back so that would indicate a live mailbox.

sarah.o'grady@express.co.uk

Sarah O'Grady

if anyone would like to mail sarah about her article then feel free, im sure she would like to hear your constructive comments.

i think this is the journos email,,

i sent two emails as test to check if they had recipient filtering enabled on their mail server. The first mail to xxxx1234@express.co.uk bounced back. The next mail to sarah.o'grady@express.co.uk didn't bounce back so that would indicate a live mailbox.

sarah.o'grady@express.co.uk

Sarah O'Grady

if anyone would like to mail sarah about her article then feel free, im sure she would like to hear your constructive comments.

bump