House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlueCat

Another Ex Labour Mp Goes To Work For A Bank

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/may/17/hsbc-appoints-ruth-kelly-labour

This is fine by me, but perhaps some of the NuLab types on here could explain exactly how their party is different from the Tories they hate so much?

They won't be able to for they believe that the parties are different. If they, (supporters of either main party) ,did catch on to reality, that particular belief system would collapse. I'm not sure many of the deluded could cope with that knowledge. Approximately 87% of the population get their belief system from watching and reading the main stream media. And they have no idea who really owns these corporations. How unreal is that? They injest information without ever questioning the validity of the information. How scarey is that? My goodness we might end up invading another soveriegn state and kiling and maiming millions of innocent human beings there.

The only difference between the two parties is the designer labels/ideals/propaganda they flout.

The politicians are put in place to keep things as they are and on the course plotted by the plantation owners. If you catch my drift. They do the bidding of the banks and their corporations and have done for some time now. That's why everything is much the same as it was ten years ago but a lot of people are poorer and a few are significantly richer.

Once the realisation sinks in as it did with me the next logical thought is how can the people change the system to try to move to a democracy? Maybe too hard. Certainly people don't like looking truth in the eye for very long. I think it makes their brains water.

Job done.

Bankster bonuses approaching record (fraudulent) highs.

Muppet Mervyn gets his pen out again, enjoy the inflation.

Guest happy?

http://www.guardian....th-kelly-labour

This is fine by me, but perhaps some of the NuLab types on here could explain exactly how their party is different from the Tories they hate so much?

In the gutter looking at the stars? Whereas Douglas Hurd I guess is just in the gutter defending Slobodan Milosevic. What's your view on JOhn Wakehams role at Enron?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2002/feb/03/lords.enron

Douglas Hurd, Thatcher's Foreign Secretary in 1990, is another who has done well from his profile in the political arena. In 1995 he waited just three months after leaving office before transferring to a £250,000-a-year job with NatWest. He now sits on the board of the bank's corporate finance house, Hawkpoint Partners.

Hurd faced personal criticism for his role in helping NatWest in the privatisation of the Serbian state telecom company PTT. While he was Foreign Secretary, Hurd was famously reluctant to criticise the Serbian leader of the time, Slobodan Milosevic, seeing him as a figure to ensure stability in the region.

Guest theboltonfury

In the gutter looking at the stars? Whereas Douglas Hurd I guess is just in the gutter defending Slobodan Milosevic. What's your view on JOhn Wakehams role at Enron?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2002/feb/03/lords.enron

Douglas Hurd, Thatcher's Foreign Secretary in 1990, is another who has done well from his profile in the political arena. In 1995 he waited just three months after leaving office before transferring to a £250,000-a-year job with NatWest. He now sits on the board of the bank's corporate finance house, Hawkpoint Partners.

Hurd faced personal criticism for his role in helping NatWest in the privatisation of the Serbian state telecom company PTT. While he was Foreign Secretary, Hurd was famously reluctant to criticise the Serbian leader of the time, Slobodan Milosevic, seeing him as a figure to ensure stability in the region.

Lord Hurd has a head like an ice-cream.

Guest Noodle

Ruth Kelly, Opus Dei. Blair converts to Catholism.

Europan Union, Vatican . . . Mafia.

She is just doing god's work.

Keeping people poor, humble and fearful.

(How anyone who has passing knowledge of the Bible and calls themselves a Christian could work for a modern bank is beyond me).

Saw her in a playpark on saturday. She's quite attractive, believe it or not!

Errrr NOT. Her pic in the Grauniad article makes her look like Suzi Quattro's older uglier brother.

This sort of thing goes on all too much, and should be stopped.

Look at Blair and JP Morgan. Far too cosy to not be considered a conflict of interest.

In today's world, receiving a million dollars from a corporation whilst in government will send you to prison, but if one retires first, it's just a job.

Nonsense. A bribe is a bribe. The revolving door of special influence.

Just like Clinton's...'Wuud Y'All like to contribute to mah new libry?'

He and Al Gore worth more than $100 million since 2000? Who in the hell can make that kind of money honestly.

What a joke the world has become...

They won't be able to for they believe that the parties are different. If they, (supporters of either main party) ,did catch on to reality, that particular belief system would collapse. I'm not sure many of the deluded could cope with that knowledge. Approximately 87% of the population get their belief system from watching and reading the main stream media. And they have no idea who really owns these corporations. How unreal is that? They injest information without ever questioning the validity of the information. How scarey is that? My goodness we might end up invading another soveriegn state and kiling and maiming millions of innocent human beings there.

The only difference between the two parties is the designer labels/ideals/propaganda they flout.

The politicians are put in place to keep things as they are and on the course plotted by the plantation owners. If you catch my drift. They do the bidding of the banks and their corporations and have done for some time now. That's why everything is much the same as it was ten years ago but a lot of people are poorer and a few are significantly richer.

Once the realisation sinks in as it did with me the next logical thought is how can the people change the system to try to move to a democracy? Maybe too hard. Certainly people don't like looking truth in the eye for very long. I think it makes their brains water.

The only people on HPC who think their party is different somehow are the Tories, who now they are in Number Ten are going to make everything all right again. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Errrr NOT. Her pic in the Grauniad article makes her look like Suzi Quattro's older uglier brother.

I think she looks like Mrs Doyle in that picture. Yuwilyuwilyuwil.

Being out of politics obviously agrees with her. When I first saw her, my reaction was: "it can't be her, she looks younger than when she was a minister".

The only people on HPC who think their party is different somehow are the Tories, who now they are in Number Ten are going to make everything all right again. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't you worry, cos it's alright

Don't you worry, child of the night

Cos in the morning,

Come with the new day sun

Love - an everlasting light

We are the seed of the new breed

We'll succeed our time has come

We are the new

These words are true

Let the light of love shine through

It's alright (X 3)

It's really alright

It's alright

It's really alright

Alright, alright

Everything's gonna be alright (x 3)

Alright, alright it's ready alright

Edit to add: YOU LOVE IT

(How anyone who has passing knowledge of the Bible and calls themselves a Christian could work for a modern bank is beyond me).

The same applies to buggering choirboys, but plenty of them appear to have been at it.

The same applies to buggering choirboys, but plenty of them appear to have been at it.

Think I must have been an ugly choirboy, no-one tried it with me. Mind you it was Cof E not Catholic....

You lot on here are pretty hard on priests, they may peddle a load of old tosh, but in my experience they're generally good people who contribute a lot to their communities.

Guest happy?

Think I must have been an ugly choirboy, no-one tried it with me. Mind you it was Cof E not Catholic....

You lot on here are pretty hard on priests, they may peddle a load of old tosh, but in my experience they're generally good people who contribute a lot to their communities.

I think the two may be connected - most of the posters here are a pretty venal lot and can't contemplate the idea that anyone's motives rise above their own.

Guest X-QUORK

Usually around 6" on average.

http://www.guardian..../03/lords.enron

So basically, Tories are evil and eat babies, whereas Labour are fine, trustworthy souls who care about the poor and downtrodden in society. rolleyes.gif

Dear Taxpayer,

thanks for the ride. I'm off to stick my snout in my master's trough.

Hugz,

a NuLabour drone.

What do bankers need an ex MP for?

they are supposed to attract investors and lend money to entreprenuers, earn a profit and pay interest to themselves and the investors.

or do they do more than this?