House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest happy?

David Davis

Guest happy?

Davis breaks cover:

"The consequence in the extreme is you could have a government in parliament which could command 45%, or 45% plus one, of parliamentary votes but no more and therefore couldn't deliver a budget, couldn't deliver its manifesto, couldn't deliver its normal legislation and yet couldn't be thrown out either, because you can't force a dissolution.""That is frankly a terrible formula for government, it could end up with a sort of crippled government."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/17/davis-attacks-plan-dissolving-parliament

The opposition seems to be growing across the board.

Yup I agree. Lets hope Labour get in. They were such a success. You knew where you stood then, not like this coalition nonsense.

I admired David Davis for his stand on CCTV and ID cards.

The fact that Camoron wouldn't include him in the government shows that Camoron-Cleggover is more like Blair-Brown than its admirers would dare to admit.

Davis breaks cover:

"The consequence in the extreme is you could have a government in parliament which could command 45%, or 45% plus one, of parliamentary votes but no more and therefore couldn't deliver a budget, couldn't deliver its manifesto, couldn't deliver its normal legislation and yet couldn't be thrown out either, because you can't force a dissolution.""That is frankly a terrible formula for government, it could end up with a sort of crippled government."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/17/davis-attacks-plan-dissolving-parliament

Yet when Labour established the Scottish Partiament, they set up a system that requires 60% for a vote of no confidence. How do you explain that one?

Guest happy?

Yup I agree. Lets hope Labour get in. They were such a success. You knew where you stood then, not like this coalition nonsense.

S'funny. Two weeks ago everyone had w4nked themselves up into a real lather whining about the threat to rheir civil liberties posed by ZanuLiebour.

Now, apparently everyone's quietly taken down the David Davis posters and are jumping ideological somersaults on the constitution to justify the removal of the constitutional right to remove a government than can't command a majority.

Can someone point me to the bit in the blue manifesto that said 400 years of established protocol was going to be removed - no? Though not.

I haven't seen any speed cameras or one's in the town centre coming down either. That part of the revolution seems a bit of a damp squib.

I'm betting people on here will be defending Georgie Osborne's stealth taxes on the grounds that "it's a lot harder being Chancellor than Wee Georgie realised".

S'funny. Two weeks ago everyone had w4nked themselves up into a real lather whining about the threat to rheir civil liberties posed by ZanuLiebour.

Now, apparently everyone's quietly taken down the David Davis posters and are jumping ideological somersaults on the constitution to justify the removal of the constitutional right to remove a government than can't command a majority.

Can someone point me to the bit in the blue manifesto that said 400 years of established protocol was going to be removed - no? Though not.

I haven't seen any speed cameras or one's in the town centre coming down either. That part of the revolution seems a bit of a damp squib.

I'm betting people on here will be defending Georgie Osborne's stealth taxes on the grounds that "it's a lot harder being Chancellor than Wee Georgie realised".

Personal question, but - does it hurt? Does it burn inside?

Yet when Labour established the Scottish Partiament, they set up a system that requires 60% for a vote of no confidence. How do you explain that one?

Ummmm... well Scotland is different because... errr.. ::cough:: move along now. nothing to see here... :unsure: