House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrashConnoisseur

Culpability Brown And The Darling Dud Of Dismay Take A Last Look At The British Economy.

trainwrecky.jpg

I liked Darlings comments today how it is typical of the ConDems to criticise the actions of the last Gov't and that it is like something out of 'Yes Minister'

Completely unjustified criticism

Hilarious

I like the lone liebour protester at the libdem vote going on about tory/libdem cuts. A picture of desperation.

Thanks to liebour, the choice is cuts or collapse. If you can even call that a choice.

I like the lone liebour protester at the libdem vote going on about tory/libdem cuts. A picture of desperation.

Thanks to liebour, the choice is cuts or collapse. If you can even call that a choice.

did he do a mexican wave ? :)

I heard the comments too on the radio.

It is quite extraordinary for Darling to say any future cuts are 'nothing to do with us'.

Ironic too that whilst in power they were still blaming a PM that left office 18 years earlier.

Those who have felt sympathy for Darling, should think again, he should have kept his mouth shut. Let's hope the new government throws the books at them.

I heard the comments too on the radio.

It is quite extraordinary for Darling to say any future cuts are 'nothing to do with us'.

Ironic too that whilst in power they were still blaming a PM that left office 18 years earlier.

Those who have felt sympathy for Darling, should think again, he should have kept his mouth shut. Let's hope the new government throws the books at them.

I always felt sorry for him, he didn't seem a bad guy but what he said this morning was cr*p

I always felt sorry for him, he didn't seem a bad guy but what he said this morning was cr*p

yep - darling came out and said some pretty dire stuff early on in his tenure, only to witness the wrath of brown (balls anyone?): AD should keep some dignity now and distance himself from brown

This is where they would have taken us:

1975 economic fears are laid bare - BBC 2005

I love this bit:

"... by 1976 Healey was telling the IMF that "the social contract" with the trade unions had reduced the average increase in earnings from 27.6% in 1975 ....

... in 1975 .... Jack Jones, from the Transport and General Workers' Union, warned that workers' wages were already suffering through cuts in overtime and short time working. "

I liked Darlings comments today how it is typical of the ConDems to criticise the actions of the last Gov't and that it is like something out of 'Yes Minister'

Completely unjustified criticism

Hilarious

Oh, this can't be Brown's train! His was completely flat when they got to the wreckage.

Oh, this can't be Brown's train! His was completely flat when they got to the wreckage.

come to think about it......and there's no 'black 'hole' :)