House Price Crash Forum

Up My Street.com

HOLA441

Have any of ou been into UP MY STREET.COM (sorry don't know how to post a link).

It is a brilliant site. It has a section for PROPERTY & PROPERTY PRICES and you type in say "BRENTWOOD" or the postcode and you can compare the prices to

another town, or just get Land registry prices going back to 1995.

I just did a quick run down of a few areas that are 'familiar' to me for various

reasons.

BRENWTOOD av. house price dropped by £36,000 since peak.

LUTON £22,000

HAMMERSMITH £22,000

BIDEFORD (Devon) £21,000

The 'peak' was usually sometime in 2004, occasionally 2003 but makes interesting reading.

A couple of places had not gone down, but not up much either and one area I checked had actually gone up ROMFORD - where I live unfortunately - but still the signs are good generally.

I like the way the site is laid out it is easy to use.

New figures out in November ! Can't wait. :D

Based on Land Registry I understand.

Well it cheered MR GAL BEAR up as he is not quite so optomistic about a

crash as me !!! I think now he may be a bit more convinced !!!

Edited by GAL BEAR

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
ROMFORD - where I live unfortunately

Although prices have stayed the same in Romford – it’s of no consequence because once you have lived there you would not live there again, hence the fact you have looked at other areas like BRENWTOOD

I lived there once but never again, although I moved Norfolk, which shows just how far I needed to get away from Romford.

My friend has put his flat up for sale, which you could buy if your desperate to buy in romford before the prices crash (1.5 months and only 2 viewers)

HOLA447
Although prices have stayed the same in Romford – it’s of no consequence because once you have lived there you would not live there again, hence the fact you have looked at other areas like BRENWTOOD

I lived there once but never again, although I moved Norfolk, which shows just how far I needed to get away from Romford.

My friend has put his flat up for sale, which you could buy if your desperate to buy in romford before the prices crash (1.5 months and only 2 viewers)

YES, I agree, I hate ROMFORD. But BRENTWOOD is really nice, strange that Brentwood has fallen and Romford has not. :(