House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bill Gates

Do You Prefer To Have A Bath Or Take A Shower?

Do you prefer to have a bath or take a shower? The reason I ask is that some buyers are fussy and insist that there is a bath in the bathroom in addition to the shower unit, or alternatively some buyers insist on there being a shower unit in addition to a bath in the bathroom.

Do you prefer to have a bath or take a shower? The reason I ask is that some buyers are fussy and insist that there is a bath in the bathroom in addition to the shower unit, or alternatively some buyers insist on there being a shower unit in addition to a bath in the bathroom.

Both take to much time, i prefer to just stand outside in the rain.

"Do you prefer to have a bath or take a shower? The reason I ask is that some buyers are fussy and insist that there is a bath in the bathroom in addition to the shower unit, or alternatively some buyers insist on there being a shower unit in addition to a bath in the bathroom."

Aren't they the same thing? If you're pushed for space, I don't think there's anything wrong with having a shower over the bath.

I think this is one of those age old EA mantras. Ms Beeny was keen on this as well. Apparently most buyers prefer to see a bath. Bathing is considered slightly more luxurious (think flake adverts, romans etc). A bath is perhaps a luxury item in a house - even if we only use them twice a year.

I reckon this might change. I find taking a bath more hassle than it is worth personally. A shower is much more practical, invigorating, less water consumption as well.

I think this is one of those age old EA mantras. Ms Beeny was keen on this as well. Apparently most buyers prefer to see a bath. Bathing is considered slightly more luxurious (think flake adverts, romans etc). A bath is perhaps a luxury item in a house - even if we only use them twice a year.

I reckon this might change. I find taking a bath more hassle than it is worth personally. A shower is much more practical, invigorating, less water consumption as well.

I know personally I would want both. Women generally want to have a bath even if they take showers most of the time. I would much prefere a power shower cubicle than a bath.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

When I sold my property in 1984 a couple came to view, she had the most pungent perfume and he the most pungent aftershave.

Oh you don`t have a shower he exclaimed, we always shower, bathing is like sitting in your own dirt.

Really I replied, was going to have one installed but my friend a micro biologist told me when you shower you leave dead bacteria in your pores but the heat soaking bath opens up the pores removing the dead bacteria and refreshing the skin and that`s why people who never bath stink. Never heard from them again, strange that, it was a nice house at the right price. :(

surely the amount of water used is governed by how high you fill a bath and how long you shower for. showers use more water than you might think.

As an adult you can get away with a shower, but families with yound children need a bath as it easier to bathe them, whereas in a shower you may have to join in or be prepared to get wet yourself.

a micro biologist told me when you shower you leave dead bacteria in your pores but the heat soaking bath opens up the pores removing the dead bacteria and refreshing the skin and that`s why people who never bath stink.

I used to spend a fair bit of time tinkering with old cars and often got covered in black grease & oil as a result. It could take anything up to 3-4 long showers to get rid of all traces of it, but I found one soak in a hot bath would always take it all off within about 20 minutes.

I wouldn't consider a house without a bath either.

I reckon the whole "shower uses less water" is a lot of claptrap too. It stands to reason if you fill the bath up to the top it uses a lot of water. If you just put a couple of inches in (which is all you really need) it doesn't use that much.

If we really want to talk green, think of all the hot water going right down the drain with a shower. You can leave it in your bath until it's room temperature and you've partially heated the house.

There's also the chloroform issue. You inhale a lot more chloroform from taking a shower than you do from taking a bath. Chloroform can permanently damage the nervous system.

Yep, bath everytime for me!

NDL

I would be put off if there was no bath. I lived in flat with just a shower and I missed my long hot soaks.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
House with bidet, similar house with no bidet, bidet swings it for me.

Could never understand why people need a drinking fountain in the bathroom. :rolleyes:

Edited by Charlie The Tramp

I know personally I would want both. Women generally want to have a bath even if they take showers most of the time. I would much prefere a power shower cubicle than a bath.

Totally agree, although I think that baths are a total waste of time unless you have a lot of stinky oils! they look good though. What I can't understand is why anyone would pay 10 grand more for a house with a 600 quid bit of enamel and labour in it. Totally ridiculous, helpless consumers who are prepared to pay 9400 pounds for a couple of hours work and a couple of days inconvenience. Is this why house prices went over the top, because we have all become fragile helpless petals? Miow.

Edited by Elizabeth