House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

Recession-Induced Depression

Guest AuntJess

MIND very concerned about the rocketing numbers of workers suffering from stressTheir "happy face " advert. intended to raise awareness in employers .

Not enough counsellors available in NHS .MAybe I will be coming out of retirement soon rolleyes.gif

MIND very concerned about the rocketing numbers of workers suffering from stressTheir "happy face " advert. intended to raise awareness in employers .

Not enough counsellors available in NHS .MAybe I will be coming out of retirement soon rolleyes.gif

Best to approach corporates direct offering your services. I mean, the NHS will be cutting soon.

I wonder what the Tory Party approach is to mental health nowadays?

if they've lost their job and are about to have their house repossessed i fail to see how popping a pill can help their situation

Guest AuntJess

if they've lost their job and are about to have their house repossessed i fail to see how popping a pill can help their situation

True. Therapy can help you to deal with the emotional 'fallout' of these events. Pills WILL just numb you to it and the feelings of loss - anger,sadness etc. will still loiter beneath the service,Need to learn to negotiate these emotional rapids.

Guest X-QUORK

I can't see money going towards more counsellors given the financial malaise.

So, would now be a good time to do the Counselling training I've always wanted to do, AJ? What do you recommend?:)

Guest AuntJess

Best to approach corporates direct offering your services. I mean, the NHS will be cutting soon.

I was on the books of an EAP - Employee Assistance Partnership - years ago, which provides employers with therapists. Sadly there won't be much money around now, to pay them if businesses going bust.

I will prob'ly end up working privately for reduced fees - I have done THAT before when I gave my services to charities like Victim Support and MIND.

Unless the PTB cut pensions I can afford to do this - for expenses only.

I have an income - albeit a small one - and a home that is paid for. I can afford to work for very little. I only resent it when people undervalue a donated service. If I charged my full professional fee, few could afford me.

Doesn't seem to stop GPs tho'.sad.gif

I was on the books of an EAP - Employee Assistance Partnership - years ago, which provides employers with therapists. Sadly there won't be much money around now, to pay them if businesses going bust.

I will prob'ly end up working privately for reduced fees - I have done THAT before when I gave my services to charities like Victim Support and MIND.

Unless the PTB cut pensions I can afford to do this - for expenses only.

I have an income - albeit a small one - and a home that is paid for. I can afford to work for very little. I only resent it when people undervalue a donated service. If I charged my full professional fee, few could afford me.

Doesn't seem to stop GPs tho'.sad.gif

I hear that Unis are hiring counsellors to help stressed exam students and to help staff in the coming redundancies.

Guest AuntJess

I hear that Unis are hiring counsellors to help stressed exam students and to help staff in the coming redundancies.

Unis have counsellors onsite - if they are letting staff go they won't be taking on more expense - unless they get in a load of final-year counselling students who work for nowt. I trained counsellors who could get work whilst training - 'cos they were free - but who were let go when they qualified and were payable.dry.gif S'funny it dun't happen to any other health care worker.

Also most organisations are ageist. They don't care how many years folk have under their belts. Old is defo. NOT ok.unsure.gifunsure.gif

Unis have counsellors onsite - if they are letting staff go they won't be taking on more expense - unless they get in a load of final-year counselling students who work for nowt. I trained counsellors who could get work whilst training - 'cos they were free - but who were let go when they qualified and were payable.dry.gif S'funny it dun't happen to any other health care worker.

Also most organisations are ageist. They don't care how many years folk have under their belts. Old is defo. NOT ok.unsure.gifunsure.gif

Things are obviously different in England.

I can't see money going towards more counsellors given the financial malaise.

True. For better or worse, I think we should expect a less namby-pamby approach to these things over the next few years. Without wishing to sound unsympathetic to those with problems, I think there's going to be something of a paradigm shift - a more "pull yourself together, man" approach.

The days of people (particularly those working in the public sector) having months and months off work due to "stress" are numbered.

Guest Noodle

Recession? I'm lovin' it!

Kiss goodbye to 100 weeks of stressing about some other kunts faulty mud!

Yessss!

Guest X-QUORK

I've never known a depression that wasn't solved by an hour long run and a good feed of oily fish and veg.

:lol:

I've got to hand it to you, your trolling is consistent.

You've seen Norman Tebbit I take it?

Guest AuntJess

Things are obviously different in England.

Where are you then?unsure.gif

Guest Noodle

Where are you then?unsure.gif

He's in Swansea. As Dylan Thomas once said, 'an ugly lovely town' and 'the grave yard of ambition'.

Guest Noodle

I could have been something once...

Well, Dylan Thomas didn't do as much fvckin' cocaine as you, Tulip.