House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomandlu

Btl Recovering

I read this in Saturday's Grauniad, and it confused the hell out of me... I see from the comments on the article, I'm not alone...

CGT on non-business assets such as buy-to-let is expected to jump from 18% to 40% when chancellor George Osborne unveils his emergency budget. Some landlord groups are predicting a "fire sale" of properties, but lenders are confident that, in the medium term, sales of buy-to-let mortgages will recover strongly.

I read this in Saturday's Grauniad, and it confused the hell out of me... I see from the comments on the article, I'm not alone...

Lenders are bound to put out confident sounding press releases. What else can they do when every fact points to a HPC?

Rates must rise, employment must fall, public spending will be savagely cut, homes are grossly overvalued against the longterm average, people cannot afford rate increases, 43% of all UK mortgages are on interest only. Anything I missed?

Can the BTL asset be transferred to the spouse and the value reset for future capital gains?

VMR.

No.

A transfer to a spouse is at "original" price.

tim