House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Take me to the cleaners

First Time Buyer Market

http://212.50.188.105/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?de...5/GLENS/24084/5

As I said to my young colleague today:

James, I think this business about you not being able to afford to buy is disingenious. You can afford to buy as this link below proves. It is just over 3 1/2 times your salary so well within range, and of course - property prices only ever go up so in a few years time it will be worth loads more and you'll be able to sell, make a fat profit, and buy a slightly bigger back to back in a better part of Harehills.

Kropotkin

Edited by Take me to the cleaners

Guest pioneer31

PVCU double glazing?

Looks like plywood to me.

Do they throw in Life Insurance with the property?

James, I think this business about you not being able to afford to buy is disingenious. You can afford to buy as this link below proves. It is just over 3 1/2 times your salary so well within range, and of course - property prices only ever go up so in a few years time it will be worth loads more and you'll be able to sell, make a fat profit, and buy a slightly bigger back to back in a better part of Harehills.

Kropotkin

Why dont the police arrest the people who have done the odd bit of graffiti on it.. they should be simple to identify, they will be the ones carrying a step ladder.

Kropotkin

think the estate agent selling this property went into liquidation two weeks ago

Come on Chuz, I thought you lived on a council estate.

Simple climb up the window off the drain pipe spray tag. and roberts ya fathers brother :ph34r:

Estate agency failure leaves big debt

Kathryn Moore and James Reed

ANGRY creditors have been left owed thousands of pounds after a Yorkshire estate agent went into administration, it emerged yesterday.

Jump Group Ltd went into administration on Thursday afternoon but a deal yesterday that kept it open saw its assets sold to founder and former managing director Jason Butler, who was a shareholder in the collapsed company.

The deal means the 100 staff of the Leeds-based firm, which has offices across the region, will keep their jobs.

Its collapse was blamed on the downturn in the housing market which left the firm unable to pay its bills. Debts are put at £4.5m.

Joint administrators Paul Whitwam and Gary Blackburn, from BWC Business Solutions, were appointed on Thursday and completed the deal with Mr Butler's company Jazbut plc yesterday.

Mr Whitwam said the company's assets had been sold for about £1m, which would now be used to pay off its debts, although it was unlikely unsecured creditors would receive payment.

"Customers will still have someone selling their houses," he added.

Mr Whitwam said the company had reached the point where staff were not going to be paid and landlords were threatening to change locks.

One of the businesses affected by yesterday's announcement was Leeds stationary supply firm Essential Office.

Managing director Paul Rodney claimed he had been chasing a debt of £10,000 for five months.

He threatened to go into every Jump office in the region and remove everything his firm supplied if he did not receive a cheque by Monday morning.

06 August 2005

Its collapse was blamed on the downturn in the housing market which left the firm unable to pay its bills. Debts are put at £4.5m.

What's all this about a downturn?

I'm confused.

/G

What's all this about a downturn?

I'm confused.

/G

I know the story was in the Yorkshire Post. Don't think the National Press would have realised a downturn was the reason - more like the firm collapsed because it was too busy collecting all the commission on ever increasing house sales.

I remember seeing on tv (within the last 10 years) houses in an area of Newcastle for sale at £3,000 (and now they are asking £15,000).

Pure Mania

Err, and who are you going to sell to exactly? If a FTB can barely afford it now who's going to buy once the 'fat profit' has been added?

This has less logic than some Albanian pyramid scheme.

"Positioned in Cowgate and appealing only to an investor, is this two bedroomed ground floor flat which is offered with vacant possession."

Makes you laugh: "Ground floor flat"!! Who owns upstair?

"Vacant possession"!!!

I think I'll rent for a little while longer.

Err, and who are you going to sell to exactly? If a FTB can barely afford it now who's going to buy once the 'fat profit' has been added?

This has less logic than some Albanian pyramid scheme.

You do know he was joking...right?

Debts are put at £4.5m.

Joint administrators Paul Whitwam and Gary Blackburn, from BWC Business Solutions, were appointed on Thursday and completed the deal with Mr Butler's company Jazbut plc

Love it, a sign of things to come.

I noticed all Countrywide agents in my area have reduced their advertising in the main property rag to a single page black & white page, despite the fact their unsold stock is rising, only a year ago it was not uncommon to see a dozen colour pages from this agent alone.

Their hyperbole isn't keeping pace with reality.

Edited by BuyingBear