House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smell the Fear

Hpc Full Of Whingers

This forum has become increasingly humourless and agressive in the past month in my opinion. Is it justified? If so, why? End-of-summer blues?

IMO there is a mix of bears on this site. FTBs are justified in feeling that prices are too high at present, and most of them are sensible and moderate in the views they put forward.

However, there is a small minority that are whingers, and seem to expect to be able to buy an unrealistic property at a young age and on a single wage. Some of these talk as if prices are being set by some faceless, malevolent authority, and forget that for a house to be worth anything means that someone has to actually buy it at that price. I stress though that they are a small minority.

Alas, I believe its a simple case of the wingeing minority like to shout loudest. Vis a vis the reasoning behind many a recent Liarbour policy, got to keep the minority happy, otherwise we would be discriminating yadda yadda yadda human rights ****** yadda yadda political correctness crap yadda yadda....

dear dr Blubb,

Do try and get out more. All this compartmentalisation is not doing you any good.

Best Wishes Picnic

All the sensible people are on holiday so the sad buggers took over for a while.

The complaints are understandable,

but they are also boring.

You need to take some positive actions if you want to be a long term winner.

Here are some to consider:

+ SAVE by renting, and compound your cash, as you wait,

+ LEARN more about what drives Property markets, short and long term,

+ INVEST in some areas that interest you outside property, and learn how those

alternative markets work too,

+ LIVE life like it is an adventure every day, not just a drudgery as you wait

for the property market to fall,

+ SPEND money on what you really need, not what you think you should have

to imitate a desirable lifestyle,

+ CHOOSE friends who have healthy values, not those who make you feel you

have arrived, or evn worse, those who make you feel you havent

DrBubb, owing to a little spare time at work I've been giving your posts a good read, more so those about gilt yields, equatity prices etc. Quite an interesting topic to say the least, but is there any books and/or websites you could recommend to that cover the basics with a view been able to at least try and understand how these markets work? Any tips greatfully received.

The_Equalizer.

+ LIVE life like it is an adventure every day, not just a drudgery as you wait

for the property market to fall,

probably the best advice on this or any other forum.

would be that i took this advice.

remember

that any home you have will be a tempprary one until you die . then you obtain a permanent home

a career is made up of a series of temporary jobs.

finally, 90% of the worlds population would give their eye teeth to live like we do.

Equalizer,

Try: http://www.FinancialSense.com ,

and - gasp - your local library.

Also, you may find some good links on my own website:

http://basic1.easily.co.uk/039016/00B012/dblinks.htm

(scroll down)

Thanks very much. I've already been down to the local library, so perhaps I'm not that daft! Very nice place too - an old Victorian detached villa. Just have to get round to ordering books in. I seem to remember that for a nominal fee they will buy books (within reason) that they don't have. I'll have a good read of those websites as well. I nearly did a course at the ISMA Centre, Reading University, but ended up with Computer Science instead - foolish boy. Half tempted to go for it again; however, the library option will be a lot cheaper than formal study! Thanks once again.

The_Equalizer.

Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates
This forum has become increasingly humourless and aggressive in the past month in my opinion. Is it justified? If so, why? End-of-summer blues?

What you f...ing talking about aggressive! anyway the summers not over yet.