House Price Crash Forum

Vince Cable Tried To Stop Wee George Becoming Chancellor

1929crash

Guest theboltonfury

I'm a LibDem supporter and I'd say the above is fair comment.

We are agreeing an unusual amount these days!

What's going on?

Guest theboltonfury

The Bolton Fury has always been a gentle soul.

Come now, you ******ing despise each and every one of my utterances. :lol:

I'm not a snob or an inverted snob. If you're good and from a dodgy estate or good from Eton, well, who wouldn't want to tap your abilities?

But George Osborne is a complete lightweight of little insight and modest intelligence, a damning ConDemNation of the old school tie network, the anti-meritocracy, where those of scant talent arrive in positions of power lacking all competence ahead of those who do.

That said, given the financial chaos wrought by New Labour, which Vince has repeatedly exposed, I'm surprised he felt there was more mileage in a deal with the status quo.

Not just Osbourne, but so many others within the present and past governments.

If you voted LibDem, you knew there was no chance of a LibDem gov.

Poor analysis.

The TV debates were a game changer, and while the Labour vote plummetted and the Tory vote fell back after the first debate, the crucial 38% vote share beckoned.

And the high level of support was there at precisely the time the postal ballots went out.

Senior academics like Professor John Curtice of Strathclyde are not really sure what happened to the Lib Dem vote, but he's studying it, unlike you, I suspect. ;)

Guest X-QUORK

Poor analysis.

The TV debates were a game changer, and while the Labour vote plummetted and the Tory vote fell back after the first debate, the crucial 38% vote share beckoned.

And the high level of support was there at precisely the time the postal ballots went out.

Senior academics like Professor John Curtice of Strathclyde are not really sure what happened to the Lib Dem vote, but he's studying it, unlike you, I suspect. ;)

As I recall, the LibDem vote peaked at 30% or thereabouts. Did anyone seriously expect they'd win enough to form a government?

Guest theboltonfury

How did this little spat start?

Quorky is usually too stoned to get angry, and TBF is too cute and fluffy! ;)

There is no spat. I think we're having a laugh.

I have no one on ignore and have no posters that I have a problem with. I find Injin impossible though.

There is no spat. I think we're having a laugh.

I have no one on ignore and have no posters that I have a problem with. I find Injin impossible though.

Fibber.

Tried to get me banned for admitting to liking the occasional episode of the Vicar of Dibley.

As I recall, the LibDem vote peaked at 30% or thereabouts. Did anyone seriously expect they'd win enough to form a government?

Some polls had them in the mid thirties.

Clegg certainly believed it, and this has been blamed for the Lib Dems' targeting strategy being diluted and seats which might otherwise have been won, being lost.

Guest theboltonfury

Fibber.

Tried to get me banned for admitting to liking the occasional episode of the Vicar of Dibley.

I still am. And to be honest, I'm surprised you still were able to post today after the letters, emails and legal suggestions that I have made to the site's owners. Initially, they seemed to agree with me that the words 'Dawn French' and 'comedy' are indeed libelous when used in the same sentence.

:lol:

Guest theboltonfury

There hasn't been a fattie thread for a few days....

I have made my views clear on this now. It's time for me to move on.

We're all nasty bastards sometimes, 'tis the way of the world.

I'm interested to note that the filter doesn't mind you typing bastards these days - bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards bastards (just testing).

What an eegit that Osborne is!

He reckons that spending £4 for every £3 you get in is daft! What a moron! Gordon did it okay, why can't he? He reckons that government spending should be cut when everyone, including St. Vince, knows the only way out of the mess we're in is to double our borrowing.

I don't understand all this sniping at Osborne. He talks sense to me.

Hey! What about creating an independent body to keep an eye on Government budgets. How stupid is that! How does he expect to do daft spending like Labour specialized in - if he lets people see what he's doing! Ahhhh, a simple soul.

Or, maybe, not.

Archived