House Price Crash Forum

Computer Games

Guest theboltonfury

HOLA441
Guest theboltonfury

My Mrs wants to do some home excercise so I got her a WII and Wii Fit - is this actually any good. Does anyone use it?

It comes with Wii Sports Island which I must admit is good fun so far.

I have a PS3 which I rarely use and thought I'd have something for me. I asked the guy in the shop what was good and he gave me Call of Duty - Modern Warfare. Is this any good? The instruction book is short which indicates that it's pretty easy to get into - I hate those games where you take 2 weeks just to suss out the control and complicated game play.

I have very little interest in hooking up with online teenage gamers from Oaklahoma, is this going to happen with this game as it has WI-Fi on the box? I assume I don't have to engage this feature.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I do not liek COD MW but I like the CODs where you shoot Nazis or Japanese - the WW2 ones seem so much more natural to me. I spend many an hour online in the nights playing it.

I have Wii Fit but can't remember when i last used it. The yoga though is excellent and it is also a good bit of fun if you have parties.

HOLA443
Guest theboltonfury

I do not liek COD MW but I like the CODs where you shoot Nazis or Japanese - the WW2 ones seem so much more natural to me. I spend many an hour online in the nights playing it.

I have Wii Fit but can't remember when i last used it. The yoga though is excellent and it is also a good bit of fun if you have parties.

I think in an ideal world, we'd all prefer to shoot the Japanese. It's a nice change though every now and then to blast another race.

HOLA444

did you get Wii fit or Wii Fit plus?

did you get the Wii Plus add on (its a little white box the connects to the bottom of the WiiMote)?

Wii fit is only good if you keep doing it abojut 1 hour every day, it will track your performance and give you tips, but it is not a substitute to proper exercise, its a handy addition to improving body core stability, posture and balance. but its easy to flatter your self by lying when initially setting it up.

COD MW2 is a online multiplayer game that has a single player mode, and not the other way round, i personally would have advised you to get something like burnout paradice, or sold you a playstation network card (£20) if you didnt want to put your card details on to your PS3 account, and said why not have a look, there are some great games on there from £2 and up.

there PS1 games on there which are as good if not better then some PS3 games, its just the graphics are as polished, which doesnt bother me.

HOLA445
Guest theboltonfury

did you get Wii fit or Wii Fit plus?

did you get the Wii Plus add on (its a little white box the connects to the bottom of the WiiMote)?

Wii fit is only good if you keep doing it abojut 1 hour every day, it will track your performance and give you tips, but it is not a substitute to proper exercise, its a handy addition to improving body core stability, posture and balance. but its easy to flatter your self by lying when initially setting it up.

COD MW2 is a online multiplayer game that has a single player mode, and not the other way round, i personally would have advised you to get something like burnout paradice, or sold you a playstation network card (£20) if you didnt want to put your card details on to your PS3 account, and said why not have a look, there are some great games on there from £2 and up.

there PS1 games on there which are as good if not better then some PS3 games, its just the graphics are as polished, which doesnt bother me.

Came as a bundle with Sports Resort. It;s got all the mats, shoes and stuff. It's not for me. It's for her - I think she'll use it.

Is COD anygood as a single or is it actually OK to hoook up on line with gamers? Do they drive you mad?

HOLA446

Never played COD MW but I heard it is one of the best games ever.

Can't comment on the Wii stuff either, the board sold well but I have no idea if they were all dumped after Christmas. It's got to me more fun that gym equipment which I think should be banned from the planet as gyms are so BORING and unnatural.

HOLA447

Came as a bundle with Sports Resort. It;s got all the mats, shoes and stuff. It's not for me. It's for her - I think she'll use it.

Is COD anygood as a single or is it actually OK to hoook up on line with gamers? Do they drive you mad?

Sounds like you havnt got the Plus one, its no issue.

COD single player is good, but gets repetitive quickly, it seems they concentratated on visuals and shock and awe than gameplay. loke the "OMG i'm shooting Civilans in an airport in Russa" moment later in the game.

the Online is good, but you really need to hone your skills in single player before you give it a go, as oyu will get f**ked pretty quick, and it get annoying quickly, i managed 20 mins before i vowed not to go online with it again.

its supposed to match you with other people of a similar skill level (bassed on trohpies erned) but you'll get very skilled players wiping their trophies so they can be classed as a novice to get silly ammount of kills per game etc.

there are plenty of you tube vids showing online play etc.

i use the word skill as i couldnt find another word, i do not think game playing offers any skill, skills are things that can be used in the real world for real gains

HOLA448

Wii fit is not really a proper substitute for proper exercise. If you are obese, then you will see some improvement, but it will outlive its usefulness after a relatively short time.

'My fitness coach' is not a bad title though, and a bit more challenging (& Wii board compatible) - cheap too.

Also, forget COD - get Resident Evil 4 and you'll never need to play another FPS again...

HOLA449

I've got all of the CODs on Xbox 360.

I generally like them all, but here's what I think.

COD 2: The single player story/gameplay is very engaging The campaign is very playable. Multi-player is virtually non-existent as no one plays it much these days.

COD 3: This single player game was flawed and disappointing, but the multi-player was surprisingly good. Sadly there are very few people playing it online now.

COD 4 MW: The single player game was excellent, it offered something new. Not all games are about rushing into bases, killing everything. I think everyone will remember the first time they played the Pripyat mission. Unbelievably good. The multi player was very good too. This is where the game comes alive.

COD 5: The SP was so-so, but a big improvement on COD3. Multiplayer is reasonably engaging, but the WW2 format is looking tired now.

COD 6 MW2: The SP was really good. The storyline was pants, but was very good to play. The MP game is excellent.

In general, the online play is better than the single player games.

HOLA4410
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

My Mrs wants to do some home excercise so I got her a WII and Wii Fit - is this actually any good. Does anyone use it?

It comes with Wii Sports Island which I must admit is good fun so far.

I have a PS3 which I rarely use and thought I'd have something for me. I asked the guy in the shop what was good and he gave me Call of Duty - Modern Warfare. Is this any good? The instruction book is short which indicates that it's pretty easy to get into - I hate those games where you take 2 weeks just to suss out the control and complicated game play.

I have very little interest in hooking up with online teenage gamers from Oaklahoma, is this going to happen with this game as it has WI-Fi on the box? I assume I don't have to engage this feature.

Probably the best thing you can do is command your wife to go to war with the Japanese utilising only hand to hand combat, and no vehicles.

She'll get fit, and you'll have a more realistic war experience.

I prefer Left4Dead 2 for a satisfying approach to apocalypse.

HOLA4411
Guest Noodle

Probably the best thing you can do is command your wife to go to war with the Japanese utilising only hand to hand combat, and no vehicles.

She'll get fit, and you'll have a more realistic war experience.

I prefer Left4Dead 2 for a satisfying approach to apocalypse.

How old are you?

HOLA4412
Guest theboltonfury

Wii fit is not really a proper substitute for proper exercise. If you are obese, then you will see some improvement, but it will outlive its usefulness after a relatively short time.

'My fitness coach' is not a bad title though, and a bit more challenging (& Wii board compatible) - cheap too.

Also, forget COD - get Resident Evil 4 and you'll never need to play another FPS again...

Obese? I doubt it!

What's a FPS?

HOLA4413

I've also been considering buying a Wii Fit but what I'm reading here suggests that you get bored with them fairly quickly so I don't think I will.

I've also noticed I am now in two signatures in this thread. I must try to keep a lower profile.

japanese-bling-bling-truck.jpg

:rolleyes:

HOLA4414
Guest theboltonfury

I've got all of the CODs on Xbox 360.

I generally like them all, but here's what I think.

COD 2: The single player story/gameplay is very engaging The campaign is very playable. Multi-player is virtually non-existent as no one plays it much these days.

COD 3: This single player game was flawed and disappointing, but the multi-player was surprisingly good. Sadly there are very few people playing it online now.

COD 4 MW: The single player game was excellent, it offered something new. Not all games are about rushing into bases, killing everything. I think everyone will remember the first time they played the Pripyat mission. Unbelievably good. The multi player was very good too. This is where the game comes alive.

COD 5: The SP was so-so, but a big improvement on COD3. Multiplayer is reasonably engaging, but the WW2 format is looking tired now.

COD 6 MW2: The SP was really good. The storyline was pants, but was very good to play. The MP game is excellent.

In general, the online play is better than the single player games.

Cheers for that. I can't even get the ps3 to connect to the TV at the moment, so it's all irrelevant.

HOLA4415
Guest theboltonfury

I've also been considering buying a Wii Fit but what I'm reading here suggests that you get bored with them fairly quickly so I don't think I will.

I've also noticed I am now in two signatures in this thread. I must try to keep a lower profile.

japanese-bling-bling-truck.jpg

:rolleyes:

I see you've pimped your office!

HOLA4416

FPS = First Person Shooter

I'm not much of a gamer these days TBH, as I don't have the patience / get bored too easy at the steep learning curves - but Resident Evil 4 (RE4) on the PS2 had me hooked. I sold the machine & games about 2 years ago, but still miss that one.

They also did a Resident Evil 5 for the PS3, which is supposedly on a par with RE4.

I honestly cannot recommend RE4 enough...

Reviews here:

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/residentevil4/review.html?tag=tabs%3Breviews

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/residentevil5/review.html?tag=tabs%3Breviews

HOLA4417

FPS = First Person Shooter

I'm not much of a gamer these days TBH, as I don't have the patience / get bored too easy at the steep learning curves - but Resident Evil 4 (RE4) on the PS2 had me hooked. I sold the machine & games about 2 years ago, but still miss that one.

They also did a Resident Evil 5 for the PS3, which is supposedly on a par with RE4.

I honestly cannot recommend RE4 enough...

Reviews here:

http://uk.gamespot.c...=tabs%3Breviews

http://uk.gamespot.c...=tabs%3Breviews

RE4 was fantastic (played mine of GameCube), one of my all time favourites and one of the few games I have played through multiple times. The only recent game that has surpassed it has been Fallout 3. Played this for 170+ hours and still not bored of it. Very similar game play to RE4 but with a more in-depth character development.

HOLA4418

I'm a gym instructor and my thoughts on the Wii fit are that many people are too embarrassed to go to the gym, and for them, it's way better than doing nothing.

However, as a serious tool for losing weight or toning/building muscle it's little more than a toy.

You can get a reasonable cardio workout on it, but there's no proper resistance work, and nothing other than your own bodyweight to move about.

If you really want to lose some weight, then a few weeks wearing gloves and punching boxing mits is a good start. Once you've slimmed down then a properly devised free weights programme is the way to go. It's important to have a plan though, as some people will do something stupid like train their bisceps every day. That will achieve nothing.

Working with an instructor, on perhaps 3 sessions per week doing chest/triceps, back/bisceps, shoulders/legs will get good results. You need varied excercises though and above all, don't eat garbage.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Cheers for that. I can't even get the ps3 to connect to the TV at the moment, so it's all irrelevant.

how are you connecting the PS3 to the TV?

if your getting no picture plugthe PS3 in, and switch on at the back, so the red light is on the front

press the power and HOLD the power "button"( its a touch sensitive area on the front right hand side) the PS3 will bee with in 1 second, keep holding it will beep again after 5 - 10 seconds, this resets the video settings and will come up with a selection screen, and depending on your TV and how your connecting it you choose options.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udhkPfYgIR4&feature=fvw

crap on video but it shows how to do it

HOLA4421

I am playing COD World At War right now and the rifle with the grenade launcher cheeses me off - every other weapon you pretty much have to aim and hit the target whereas the Garand with the grenades bascially means you can blow people out if you only aim somewhere near them -

You only need one boy with one of these in a game and it comepletely wrecks it. They seem to have no end of grenades to fire and, hey, can destroy a good game.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest Noodle

This has to be the most depressing thread ever on HPC.

I'm so disappointed my friends, most in their thirties have yet to grow up.

Whatever next? I'll be riding a mountain bike again like I was 15.

HOLA4425

Archived