House Price Crash Forum

Us Faces One Of Biggest Budget Crunches In World – Imf

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the certainty with which you make these statements about extremely complex concepts and systems proves my point

Actually

:)

I'm making negative statements.

if I try and make a lightbulb and wire some sponge to an onion then plug it in, I can safely say that's not how to make a lightbulb. That doesn't mean I know how to make a light bulb, it just means I know one way not to.

I know from the historical record that what scepticus outlines doesn't work. The experiment has been performed multiple times and failed every single time. I know we need free markets because then someone somewhere will be able to find things that do work unimpeded.

Do you compare with an ant? I don't.

Do you have a brain?

Does an ant have a brain?

Do ant colonies wage war against each other?

Do human societies wage war against each other?

And why do ant colonies fight each other?

And why do human societies fight each other?

Resources.

What Central banks have to do with it I have no idea.

:blink:

For farks sake!

The Carthaginians went to war to steal the Roman's stuff and the Roman's went to war to steal the Carthaginian's stuff!

History is pretty much agreed on that bit for the first and second Punic Wars.

In the third Punic War the Romans went to war to steal the Carthaginian stuff and the Carthaginians went to war to try and keep their stuff.

Honestly ... read some Livy.

Edited by indirectapproach

Do you have a brain?

Does an ant have a brain?

Do ant colonies wage war against each other?

Do human societies wage war against each other?

And why do ant colonies fight each other?

And why do human societies fight each other?

Resources.

What Central banks have to do with it I have no idea.

:blink:

Like I said, you remind me of a (very confused) drone.

Oh great.

So they stole from everyone, that's point one proven.

no, because the coins rose in value from the time of romulus and remus up until about 100AD. So clearly this does not represent stealing from the roman coin holders during this period.

And what did they spend that money on?

War, by any chance?

many things, including building cities, a civilisationa, and yes, war.

However over a course of 5 centuries from about 400AD to 100AD the face value of a roman coin rose and rose. How can you paint that as a central bank stealing from its thralls?

For farks sake!

The Carthaginians went to war to steal the Roman's stuff and the Roman's went to war to steal the Carthaginian's stuff!

History is pretty much agreed on that bit for the first and second Punic Wars.

In the third Punic War the Romans went to war to steal the Carthaginian stuff and the Carthaginians went to war to try and keep their stuff.

Honestly ... read some Livy.

And how did they pay for all the armor, weapons, ships etc to go at it?

The devalued their money to pay for all the stuff in the hope of making a profit to pay it all back plus some.

Why do you think Alexander wept when he ran out of land?

His credit card was maxed out at that point, most likely. :lol:

I think I could say the same about a few others here.

Thing is, Injin has occasional moments of clarity were he makes more sense than most here.

I can't say the same about you though.

I've seen a few of your posts and its safe to say injin will reject your perspective since what you belive in requires collective agreement.

I agree with game_over, despite his choice of avatar.

You cannot relegate the evidence of millenia of human history to the dustbin unless your position is one of pure faith.

Well it is pure faith actually - the cult of Injin

It is a monotheist religion

The problem is it only has one disciple

But I suppose there's time yet.

However over a course of 5 centuries from about 400AD to 100AD the face value of a roman coin rose and rose. How can you paint that as a central bank stealing from its thralls?

The Roman emperors didn't know about debt based money and fractional reserve banking yet, these methods have only really been introduced in the last few centuries. Now we are paying the consequences of those.

Why do you think Alexander wept when he ran out of land?

His credit card was maxed out at that point, most likely. :lol:

Alexander didn't care about money, because if he did he wouldn't have led a cavalry charge. Bankers don't lead cavalry charges - its not good business.

The Roman emperors didn't know about debt based money and fractional reserve banking yet, these methods have only really been introduced in the last few centuries. Now we are paying the consequences of those.

correct, but not employing banking didn't save the roman empire from being dissolved.

So perhaps fractional reserve banking is not in itself the root cause of the failure of western capitalism?

Dare I suggest that something OTHER than fractional reserve banknig is the result of the ultimate failure of the west,. In fact can any civilisation end in anything other than failure?

correct, but not employing banking didn't save the roman empire from being dissolved.

So perhaps fractional reserve banking is not in itself the root cause of the failure of western capitalism?

Your logic is severely flawed, just because something didn't cause the end of the Roman empire, that doesn't mean it's not (one of) the cause of failure of western capitalism.

I think I could say the same about a few others here.

Thing is, Injin has occasional moments of clarity were he makes more sense than most here.

I can't say the same about you though.

I am flattered to hear that people take such an interest in my posts.

Whether you understand them or not is irrelevant TBH