House Price Crash Forum

Us Faces One Of Biggest Budget Crunches In World – Imf

of course there is. both the individualist and collectiviist exits always remain open at all times.

No, only possible exists are there. Collectivism doesn't work in any economci sense, only individualism does.

You can try itm, but we'll all starve to death ans nothing will get paid, repaid or work any longer.

Jesus Wept. 150 years of total and utter failure, misery and collapsed economies and you come out with this line. >.<

the question is only which exit will be passed through in the near future, a decision that can only be taken by the society as a whole. Even if you hold as you do society doesn't exist, then merely the aggregate interactions between individually autonomous entities produce a system response vector which is outside the control of individuals.

No, it's just a measurement of individual action. Of course individuals can bloody change it, the idea of saying they can't is like saying man united can't be influenced by Rooneys play.

and even then the exit passed through is only a point scored towards the collecitve or individual bias of humanity, and does not say anything in the long run about the final choice of humaity in this respect. And ofc ultimately the heat death of the universe remains as the final judgement upon either.

There is no choice.

You pick indiviudalism or you die. That's why there is no collectivist exit, any more than their is a choice of drinks on a good night out that only includes toilet duck and warm piss.

Edited by Injin

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, these days to spend money you need the government to do it for you because tenners are government debt, just like credit-money is bank debt.

do try and be consistent.

They aren't used by the population as debt instruments, they are used in trade directly.

Jesus Wept. 150 years of total and utter failure, misery and collapsed economies and you come out with this line. >.<

6 millenia of civilisations find against you. All these civilisations had a collective element which enabled them. that is what civilisation is.

While I won't disagree with the notion of 150 years of collapsing economies, I disagree with the idea economies didn't collapse before this, or that they collapsed to a level lower then where they would have been without some collaborative element in buidling stuff up in the first place. You know, like farming and scientific discourse and engineering, family life and so on.

you really are very badly mentally damaged to think like you do.

They aren't used by the population as debt instruments, they are used in trade directly.

yes they are, they ecist only as public debt instruments.

I don't get how you can raise tenners on a pedastel and reject the rest of the government debt/banking edifice - it makes no sense, because tenners are listed as part of the government debt.

6 millenia of civilisations find against you. All these civilisations had a collective element which enabled them. that is what civilisation is.

And they were all capable of paying this massive technologically based, individual productivity based debt found by using enlightenment principles of science and rationality, where they?

No. They were shite. Every time humans try and act collectively instead of accepting self interest as their maxim, the wheels fall off the society and the economy.

While I won't disagree with the notion of 150 years of collapsing economies, I disagree with the idea economies didn't collapse before this, or that they collapsed to a level lower then where they would have been without some collaborative element in buidling stuff up in the first place. You know, like farming and scientific discourse and engineering, family life and so on.

Show how my thinking is awry.

yes they are, they ecist only as public debt instruments.

I don't get how you can raise tenners on a pedastel and reject the rest of the government debt/banking edifice - it makes no sense, because tenners are listed as part of the government debt.

People don't use them as debt instruments.

End of story.

They use them as though they were money.

Injin did you know that Newton spent ten years searching for a secret code in the bible?

How many years have you wasted trying to prove the unproveable?

:)

lol, good point!

I think we can recognise injin as advancing a point of faith. Whereas most of the rest of prefer to discuss practical points which have some body of evidence behind them.

"Both sides of the conflict had publicly funded fleets ..."

Debateable ... but even if what you say is true .... errr and ..?

How does that prove what you said earlier.

it doesn't prove anything I said. It is up to injin to show that the first punic war was conducted as a means of the roman and carthaginian money authorities to defraud their own people.

There is a very fine line between genius and madness.

FWIW I think you are both extremely intelligent and knowledgeable and you both make some very profound statements

However, both of your respective World views are seriously flawed IMHO.

And it is actually completely pointless arguing with either of you for the same reason that neither of you will ever learn anything from these 'discussions'

You are both convinced that you have all the answers

Wheras I realise that all the really fundamental questions are actually unanswerable.

lol, good point!

I think we can recognise injin as advancing a point of faith. Whereas most of the rest of prefer to discuss practical points which have some body of evidence behind them.

like what?

Going against 6 millenia of evidence that collectivism doesn't work economically and 250 years showing individualism does?

Beshyteing "public funds = central bank" into the discussion as if we are all supposed to say,

'Oh yeah, thanks dude, the scales have now dropped from my eyes and I can see that you were right all along,'

When that comment achieves and contributes nothing doesn't make you look good and is frankly annoying.

Public funds = central bank ....?

What?

Parish funds are public ... right?

Central ....?

Fighting wars for central banks to thieve ....?

But it's ok.

You wriggle and squiggle and twiggle and iggle and say what you like.

It's a free country, a free world and a free forum, say what you like.

No hard feelings from me.

There is a very fine line between genius and madness.

FWIW I think you are both extremely intelligent and knowledgeable and you both make some very profound statements

However, both of your respective World views are seriously flawed IMHO.

And it is actually completely pointless arguing with either of you for the same reason that neither of you will ever learn anything from these 'discussions'

You are both convinced that you have all the answers

Wheras I realise that all the really fundamental questions are actually unanswerable.

Eh?

my position is that no one can know the answer and that's why we need actual free markets. I know lots of stuff that doesn't work and a few things that do.

I know free markets work, but not how exactly. I know collectivism doesn't work and know exactly why it doesn't.

lol, good point!

You seem to be rather bent on discussing nonsense and derailing sensible threads, I wouldn't call that "practical points"! <_<

Eh?

my position is that no one can know the answer and that's why we need actual free markets. I know lots of stuff that doesn't work and a few things that do.

I know free markets work, but not how exactly. I know collectivism doesn't work and know exactly why it doesn't.

I think the certainty with which you make these statements about extremely complex concepts and systems proves my point

Actually

Public funds = central bank.

roman money was metal coins, admittedly with face value greater than the metal content of the coin, even in republic times.

the accepted value over intrinsic value obviously says something about the value people ascribed to the symbol of the coin, and this symbolic value was enhanced by the first punic war.

therefore the victory of the first punic war represented a dividen to the holders of romain coins. It is hard to paint that as a theft by the roman treasury from the roman people.