House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

When Will The First Tory Govt Sex Scandal Be?

A month, 3? 6? A year?

The good thing about Tory Govts is that they always have sex scandals and they are usually juicy.

Pictures of me with the Deputy Prime Minister's wife may surface at some point.. unless I die in a tunnel car chase.

A month, 3? 6? A year?

The good thing about Tory Govts is that they always have sex scandals and they are usually juicy.

I think it'll be a long time in coming. Not because I think politicians - tory or otherwise - are any less likely to be shagging around these days but, because the public cares so much less about it, the bar to what what's worth publishing is so much higher. It's much more likely the first scandal will be financial in nature. I reckon 3-6 months for that.

Guest happy?

I think it'll be a long time in coming. Not because I think politicians - tory or otherwise - are any less likely to be shagging around these days but, because the public cares so much less about it, the bar to what what's worth publishing is so much higher. It's much more likely the first scandal will be financial in nature. I reckon 3-6 months for that.

Nobody nowadays worries greatly about the sex-lives of ministers. Major's government had no more sex scandals than previous administrations - what coloured events was that it was happening at the time that Major was spouting on about family values "Back to Basics".

It was an open goal for any Sunday paper.

We're not at that stage here. The papers are currently trying to dig up all the stuff the party vetting machines didn't find as regards the new MPs. You might get a sort of retrospective sex scandal out of it perhaps. But yeah, you're right, I used to know an old Fleet Street hack and he said it was always the same; moralising Tories shagging away from home and with Labour its always fingers in the till. He died in the early 90s btw so it was good characterisation eh.

Guest sillybear2

It will be Osborne repeatedly taking it up the a$$ from the financial sector!

Nobody nowadays worries greatly about the sex-lives of ministers. Major's government had no more sex scandals than previous administrations - what coloured events was that it was happening at the time that Major was spouting on about family values "Back to Basics".

It was an open goal for any Sunday paper.

Ivan Lewis, he was lecturing people about morals and ethics and family values, he was then caught shagging his secretary while on the job divorced his wife and now shacked up with her, and yet he was a cabinet minister and nowt happened to him just foes to show the double standards in this country a tory does it = evil Labour does it = completely fine.

Guest sillybear2

Ivan Lewis, he was lecturing people about morals and ethics and family values, he was then caught shagging his secretary while on the job divorced his wife and now shacked up with her, and yet he was a cabinet minister and nowt happened to him just foes to show the double standards in this country a tory does it = evil Labour does it = completely fine.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8665812.stm

:lol:

I'd ignore Happy? if I were you, he's just trying to put dumb nulab spin on it. The sex scandals back in the 80s & 90s caught plenty out plenty of non-tories too - Paddy Pantsdown and Ron Davies to give two examples. I really do think people have moved on. On the sex front, MPs have to do something pretty heinous or very funny (e.g. Prescott doing his secretary over a Whitehall desk) for the press to get interested now.

Guest sillybear2

I'd ignore Happy? if I were you, he's just trying to put dumb nulab spin on it. The sex scandals back in the 80s & 90s caught plenty out plenty of non-tories too - Paddy Pantsdown and Ron Davies to give two examples.

Jeremy Thorpe :ph34r:

The Tories will continue with largely heterosexual but nevertheless deliciously kinky sex scandals but to show the government can be truly inclusive the Libs are planning typically grubby gay sex scandals a la Simon Hughes, Jeremy Thorpe and Mark 'I repeatedly rogered a rent boy because I was sad about being bald' Oaten.

Guest sillybear2

First sex scandal has already happened. The Tories ruthlessly buggered a socially challenged retard and made him leave his home in Downing St.

Only because he first acted inappropriately and distressed a trusting old lady after his minders mistakenly unleashed him upon the community for a day.

Papparazzi catches Clegg teabagging Cameron :lol:

I'm sure I've seen him do that already on the news. Metaphorically anyway.

Sometime after Thursday May 7th. 2015 (unless the current coalition government breaks up before then and is replaced with a Conservative one).

Dave, Miriam, Nick, Sam mixed doubles session in No.10 :lol: