House Price Crash Forum

Santander Plunges - What The Hell Is Going On There Then!

HOLA441
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

...and then the government used north sea oil to allow them to devalue your debts away into nothingness.

What debts????

We just sold everything we had to pay the mortgage ... and we were the lucky ones because we managed to keep up.

And since when were debts devalued into nothingness? Since when did banks pop up and say, you don't have to pay it back, it's fine?

You've actually managed to use a statement that makes it sound as if debts just disappear overnight.

Like I said before, people like you aren't worth listening to because if you can't get the simple facts of what did happen correct, then your theories are worthless because they are based on falsehoods and bigotry.

Get the truth straight, work from there and you might, just might, have a chance of predicting what comes next.

Other than that you are just sheeple.

HOLA443

what will happen to the deposits in santander in case worse happens?  I heard upto 50K its protected?

Somebody will be along with the exact figures but I think it's under 50k. Is it 35K

Fact remains is, if it went under there wouldn't be enough in the government pot to pay everybody out - Santander is too big.

I've seen the discussion on here before as to just how much is in the whole pot and its not really enough to support the deposits of one smaller institutions.

HOLA444