House Price Crash Forum

Santander Plunges - What The Hell Is Going On There Then!

HOLA441
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I read somewhere that Santander, with it's acquisitions in the UK, is responsible for 1 of every 2 new mortgages in the UK.

Expanded too fast, house of cards. Check the InterAlpha Group...Brazil Rothschild connection...

Speculation that Santander has been kept afloat by the Brazilian carry trade; maybe the currency collapse has done them in...

HOLA448
HOLA449

I read somewhere that Santander, with it's acquisitions in the UK, is responsible for 1 of every 2 new mortgages in the UK.

Very possibly:

United Kingdom

Santander UK

Alliance & Leicester

Cahoot

Cater Allen Private Bank

Santander Cards UK

Santander Consumer (UK) plc

Santander Totta

Also, "on the 11th January 2010 Abbey National plc, which included the Bradford & Bingley savings business, changed its name to Santander UK plc. We now operate under the brand name of Santander" :o

I took out that cash ISA paying 2.7% above BoE base. Well under the limit so OK, unless all the banks go of course.

Edited by deflation

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Expanded too fast, house of cards. Check the InterAlpha Group...Brazil Rothschild connection...

Speculation that Santander has been kept afloat by the Brazilian carry trade; maybe the currency collapse has done them in...

Yes, it may well be true! the myth of Santander stability evoprates fast.

its coming this way sooner than many realise.

exciting!!!

popcorn ready.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Hi,

Finally found a house to buy, priced to sell in the area we wanted, Santander have given us 4.5% fixed for 5 years! Being the Bear, I think after 5 years the dust will start to settle from the upcoming fallout!

HOLA4417

The Euro is finished, inflation and interest rates are going up and house prices are coming down.

Are you really stupid enough to believe that and still think the UK will survive? You must be more insane than the loony in your avatar :D:D

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

It's not possible. If the Euro goes, so do we. Bloody awful situation.

nonsense. whare's all the money going to go?

it might get choppy for a bit but the EU+UK is far and away thel argest economic block on the planet.

so, where's the money going to go?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Finally the true state of that bank is coming out?

That it's continued to make 8-9 billion profit regularly over the last couple of years, while at the same time UK banks have needed 100s of billions bail-outs?

Optobear has a good quote on this:

Santander has grown prodigiously over the last ten years to become one of the world's largest and safest banks, despite this being through a period where banking practises worldwide have led to massive failures across the world. The Spanish banking, legal and property systems are bywords for integrity and regularly vie with Switzerland's reputation in terms of having a faultless record.

On a different and entirely unrelated subject, everything you write on this website is public, and your identity can be found out through legal process.

Now your question was?

To be fair I'm not in the position of having over 35k (or is it 50k now) worth of savings. If I did I'm certain I wouldn't keep them with the same bank

HOLA4423

That it's continued to make 8-9 billion profit regularly over the last couple of years, while at the same time UK banks have needed 100s of billions bail-outs?

So it hasn't made use of any ECB loans or other assistance? It marks all assets to the true value every day?

HOLA4424

Yes, it may well be true! the myth of Santander stability evoprates fast.

its coming this way sooner than many realise.

exciting!!!

popcorn ready.

banks are like sharks...sharks need to keep moving to breath, banks need to keep lending to survive.

Santander is lending where is can.

people stop borrowing, Santander dies...same as any other bank.

HOLA4425

It was all because Spain reported negative core cpi on Friday.

Fears of deflation and fiscal consolidation on end demand and servicability of large private sector debts.

That would affect bank balance sheets and solvency.

you mean liquidity...of course you do.