House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

It's The End Of The World As We Know It

They reckon it is between 29 and 35 million light years away - Sombrero Galaxy. Staggeringly beautiful.

I wonder how many great civilisations have come and gone there before we even existed here?

800px-M104_ngc4594_sombrero_galaxy_hi-res.jpg

You're wondering who we are; why we have done this; how it has come that I stand before you - the image of a being from so long ago. Life evolved on my planet before all others in this part of the galaxy. We left our world, explored the stars and found none like ourselves. Our civilization thrived for ages, but what is the life of one race, compared to the vast stretches of cosmic time?

We knew that one day we would be gone, and nothing of us would survive - so we left you. Our scientists seeded the primordial oceans of many worlds, where life was in its infancy. This body you see before you, which is of course shaped as yours is shaped, for you are the end result. The seed code also contains this message, which was scattered in fragments on many different worlds.

It was our hope that you would have to come together in fellowship and companionship to hear this message, and if you can see and hear me, our hope has been fulfilled. You are a monument, not to our greatness, but to our existence. That was our wish - that you too would know life and would keep alive our memory. There is something of us in each of you, and so, something of you in each other. Remember us.

They reckon it is between 29 and 35 million light years away - Sombrero Galaxy. Staggeringly beautiful.

I wonder how many great civilisations have come and gone there before we even existed here?

None.

Guest Noodle

800px-M104_ngc4594_sombrero_galaxy_hi-res.jpg

I've got 9 newbuild BTL flats there.

If I'm honest, I think something even more miraculous is occuring - we are first and we are 'it' so to speak.

That's because I think we will reach a technological singularity, likely within the next century, at which point (assuming that hints of FTL effects in physics can be technologically utilised to allow instantaneous travel) we will probably turn the entire Universe into some sort of superintelligent machine, reaching an Omega point - whatever the Universe is actually for.

(It explains the Fermi paradox as well. We have to be first or we would have already been consumed in another world's Universe-spanning singularity.)

Yes, that is correct. Fermi's Paradox led to the ridiculous "Drake equation", one of the worst pieces of science up there with AGW.

Obvious fake. You can tell by looking closely that it's no more than 26-28 million light years away.

If that.

Guest theboltonfury

Yes, that is correct. Fermi's Paradox led to the ridiculous "Drake equation", one of the worst pieces of science up there with AGW.

'kin hell. Heavy!

Got any pictures of Kelly Brook in suspenders?

If I'm honest, I think something even more miraculous is occuring - we are first and we are 'it' so to speak.

That's because I think we will reach a technological singularity, likely within the next century, at which point (assuming that hints of FTL effects in physics can be technologically utilised to allow instantaneous travel) we will probably turn the entire Universe into some sort of superintelligent machine, reaching an Omega point - whatever the Universe is actually for.

(It explains the Fermi paradox as well. We have to be first or we would have already been consumed in another world's Universe-spanning singularity.)

I hope the moment of technological singularity does not end up with us enslaved to the machine(s) as in Star Trek.

I suppose the plus side is that we all will look gorgeous and wander around in next to nothing eating fruit and enjoying free love with each other.

Guest theboltonfury

It's a good'un.

13977_path.jpg

(No wonder life clings on.)

My God. I'd walk over broken glass for a w@nk on her shadow.

If there is life outisde of Earth, I guarantee nothing will be more pleasing to thine eye than Ms Brook.

It's a good'un.

13977_path.jpg

(No wonder life clings on.)

Holy ******.

If the machines can display a user-interface that can fool me into believing it is Ms Brooke, I am already signed up.

If the machine turns out like The Demon Seed then things will not look good for Ms. Brooke :blink:

Guest theboltonfury

If the machine turns out like The Demon Seed then things will not look good for Ms. Brooke :blink:

Take that back. Never speak ill of Kelly. Never.

Guest KingCharles1st

I wonder what the biggest housing bubble was in any civilisation in the Sombrero Galaxy.

And on the seventh day- God said unto the BTLetters- "Go forth and ply your BTL investments to the chavs"

Guest theboltonfury

You would watch though wouldn't you?

Yes, most definitely.

I've got 9 newbuild BTL flats there.

Looks like the centre has exploded. Need a bailout in Ferengi dollars? I know a chap with a face made out of plasticine who can cut a deal.

Guest Noodle

Looks like the centre has exploded. Need a bailout in Ferengi dollars? I know a chap with a face made out of plasticine who can cut a deal.

Nah, bought them in Lightyear 1995.

Nah, bought them in Lightyear 1995.

This man owns an estate agent in sombrero. You can tell by his sleazy look.

Talking-Buzz-Lightyear-Doll-Toy-Story.jpg

I hope the moment of technological singularity does not end up with us enslaved to the machine(s) as in Star Trek.

I suppose the plus side is that we all will look gorgeous and wander around in next to nothing eating fruit and enjoying free love with each other.

Strangely enough 2 million + years of evolution takes us back where we started, assuming you like your women hairy.

This man owns an estate agent in sombrero. You can tell by his sleazy look.

Talking-Buzz-Lightyear-Doll-Toy-Story.jpg

Prices will go...

to infinity and beyond!

Prices will go...

to infinity and beyond!

He is gonna sue you for that.

A beautiful distant galaxy... and some genius had to name it "Sombrero"

:rolleyes:

There are more galaxies in the Universe than there are words in all languages on the Earth. Feel sorry for the Testicle Galaxy or the Fart Galaxy!