House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jones87

Natwest "risk Free" Bond - 27.5% Over 5 Years....

Was plastered all over my Natwest branch today clearly typed up on their computer and photocopied numberous times ;) , can't find anything about it on the internet.

I asked how many years it was and she said 5, I asked for leaflet - she didnt have one. "Do you want us speak to someone about it" NO! "How about tomorrow?" BYE....

It was £3,000 minimum and "Risk Free" (according to the amateur sign)

What am I missing here?

It's probably 27.5% return over 5 years, so the APR is just less than 5% (or there abouts). I also bet it's lock in, and you can't touch it over that period.

Was plastered all over my Natwest branch today clearly typed up on their computer and photocopied numberous times ;) , can't find anything about it on the internet.

I asked how many years it was and she said 5, I asked for leaflet - she didnt have one. "Do you want us speak to someone about it" NO! "How about tomorrow?" BYE....

What am I missing here?

Nothing much! Can't be arsed to do the the exact arithmetic, but getting back 127.50 for every 100 put in, at the end of 5 years is (I think!) about 4.6% p.a. You didn't think it was 27% p.a. for each of the next 5 years??

What am I missing here?

It works out about 4.98% AER. You can get 5% elsewhere, so it is an almost chart topping, but not too good to be true rate. If you don't mind tying up your money for 5 years, and you don't think rates will increase by much in that time, then go for it.

It works out about 4.98% AER. You can get 5% elsewhere, so it is an almost chart topping, but not too good to be true rate. If you don't mind tying up your money for 5 years, and you don't think rates will increase by much in that time, then go for it.

Rates are going to go above 5% pretty soon IMO to combat INFLATION

Note - INFLATION not DEFLATION

Capitalised for the economically and intellectually challenged

:P

At least I know when to use hyphens and commas (whilst very drunk, may I add). My name is Kilroy, and I am a deflationista.

Rates are going to go above 5% pretty soon IMO to combat INFLATION

Note - INFLATION not DEFLATION

The STAG feels left out :(

27% of fiat over five years? - Pah! I'd rather take my chances with gold over 5 days