House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phaedrus

Ea Discussion-buyers Market

Just called a local agent to get my house valued with a view to selling up and renting. Had a little chat about things, I mentioned I thought things were a bit slow at the moment and would like a realistic valuation, to which she immediately replied "yes, it's a buyers market at the moment."

Not quite, but getting there. ;)

This is in Newcastle upon Tyne, BTW.

Edited by Phaedrus

Well its still a Seller's Market in bradford as a friend of mine who bought a property for £84k in march 2003 has just had it valued at a staggering £165k!!! I just hope something happens here quickly as prices are really getting out of hand here. :unsure:

Well its still a Seller's Market in bradford as a friend of mine who bought a property for £84k in march 2003 has just had it valued at a staggering £165k!!! I just hope something happens here quickly as prices are really getting out of hand here.  :unsure:

But remember valued, not sold. There is a world of difference.

Well its still a Seller's Market in bradford as a friend of mine who bought a property for £84k in march 2003 has just had it valued at a staggering £165k!!! I just hope something happens here quickly as prices are really getting out of hand here.  :unsure:

It'll look silly when in a few years it'll be cheaper to buy a kensington mansion than to buy a back-to-back in Manningham in Bradford!

(i exaggerate but you get my point! B) )

A seller's market is one in which demand is far greater than supply.

Is this really the case in Bradford ?

Bradford is THE metropolis of the north. Forget Leeds. Bradford is home to the Taxi Driver. They all live in Bradford and travel out to the rest of the county picking up fares and swopping anecdotes about how they are selling houses to each other in Bradford and making fat profits.

They are even building a new lake in the centre of Bradford to capitalise on the feel good factor there.

Not.

if your thiking about selling your house at this time -then consider halfapercent.com

they are the future of estate agents i reckon- very efficient and they are listed on all the major search engines - dont work for them or anything just selling a house with them at the moment fingers crossed it is going well so far

Just called a local agent to get my house valued with a view to selling up and renting. Had a little chat about things, I mentioned I thought things were a bit slow at the moment and would like a realistic valuation, to which she immediately replied "yes, it's a buyers market at the moment."

Not quite, but getting there. ;)

This is in Newcastle upon Tyne, BTW.

if your thiking about selling your house at this time  -then consider halfapercent.com

they are the future of estate agents i reckon- very efficient and they are listed on all the major search engines  -  dont work for them or anything just selling a house with them at the moment  fingers crossed it is going well so far

Since when has North Yorkshire been part of the Home Counties? (not a dig at you BTW)

http://www.halfapercent.com/buyers/search.jsp

Since when has North Yorkshire been part of the Home Counties? (not a dig at you BTW)

http://www.halfapercent.com/buyers/search.jsp

LOL, we negotiated 0.7%+VAT with a local agent when selling our terraced house last year. If the competition that allowed that was hurting, imagine how they must be feeling now?

Don't put up with large fees, the profit an agent can make on an over-priced house at 2% is less than a house priced to sell at 1%.