House Price Crash Forum

I Have This Terrible Power

HOLA441

Every now and then I think about some Hollywood actor from the 'golden years' and often, within days or even hours of thinking of them, I turn on the news to read that they have snuffed it.

Norman Lloyd, Kirk Douglas and Ernest Borginne keep springing to mind of late. Oh, and there is Mickey Rooney but I think he might live forever.

Anyone else get this? I think there is a website which gives odds on such things in a creepy macabre way.

HOLA442
Guest theboltonfury

Every now and then I think about some Hollywood actor from the 'golden years' and often, within days or even hours of thinking of them, I turn on the news to read that they have snuffed it.

Norman Lloyd, Kirk Douglas and Ernest Borginne keep springing to mind of late. Oh, and there is Mickey Rooney but I think he might live forever.

Anyone else get this? I think there is a website which gives odds on such things in a creepy macabre way.

Start thinking about Jordan. Please.

HOLA443

Hehe, this doesn't happen to me but when I think of someone old and think "hmm they should be dead by now", I'm always worried it will come true.

Even if it does, I didn't plan for them to pop in my head, maybe I read about them somewhere or something.

HOLA444
HOLA445

How often do you think of someone and they don't die?

HOLA446

More seriously I have been reading a book about 'death coincidences'. Some of the examples are quite incredible.

I can imagine that if you died, and realised that you were 'still here' so to speak, you'd be desperate to get the message across to everyone you loved, and everyone that ever loved you. As time and space might mean something different in that state, there's no reason why that shouldn't include a few million world-wide fans - of course your yearning pleadings, would only be picked up by the most perceptive, and where the links were strongest, and that might include a certain young man in Swansea.

Who knows?

I don't get the reference to a certain young man in Swansea - me?

OK, as you are shy...

I was at my weekly meditation circle a few weeks back with about 15 people in the room. We had our usual half-hour meditation after which we discuss our experiences, whether the meditation was working or not, how to improve it, etc, etc.

Anyhow, the meditation finished, I opene my eyes and sat across from me was a British soldier dressed in current combat fatigures, insignia on his uniform, tanned skin, legs crossed, one arm on the back of the bench in a relaxed pose, watch on wrist with leather cover... won't go into any more detail... but he was as real as the woman that he was sat next to... except that he was not there...

The chap who leads the mediation session began the next stage - the discussion - and I momentarilly turned my head towards him and then I turned back to the soldier... but he just faded...

So, not knowing whether to sound like a mug or not I spoke up and told the group what I had just seen. At which point, another chap in the room who is a medium, said "Oh, I have had a soldier following me around for a few weeks now. He does not know he is dead."

And then the meditation session continued...

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I don't get the reference to a certain young man in Swansea - me?

OK, as you are shy...

I was at my weekly meditation circle a few weeks back with about 15 people in the room. We had our usual half-hour meditation after which we discuss our experiences, whether the meditation was working or not, how to improve it, etc, etc.

Anyhow, the meditation finished, I opene my eyes and sat across from me was a British soldier dressed in current combat fatigures, insignia on his uniform, tanned skin, legs crossed, one arm on the back of the bench in a relaxed pose, watch on wrist with leather cover... won't go into any more detail... but he was as real as the woman that he was sat next to... except that he was not there...

The chap who leads the mediation session began the next stage - the discussion - and I momentarilly turned my head towards him and then I turned back to the soldier... but he just faded...

So, not knowing whether to sound like a mug or not I spoke up and told the group what I had just seen. At which point, another chap in the room who is a medium, said "Oh, I have had a soldier following me around for a few weeks now. He does not know he is dead."

And then the meditation session continued...

I once worked with a bloke that was very much in to mentalism / spiritualism, not really sure what the 'correct' term is? Anyway, he went to mediums, did star charts, numerology and lots more of that type of thing.

We quite often had conversations about his various experiences. I would generally take a very skeptical stance but admitted I couldn't possibly know if what he experienced was what he believed it to be, or something else. He would always take the stance that there was definitely something 'mystical' about it and rejected any suggestion that there might be another explanation already within the bounds of our current scientific understanding of the world.

He always insisted that I was closed minded. When I said that I was skeptical rather than close minded and that, in fact, he was the only one that was rejecting certain possibilities entirely, thus he was more closed minded. He wouldn't have it and got extremely irritated with me.

I have no idea why the feck I bothered to write this, but I have now so I may as well hit 'add reply'.

Sorry to have wasted your time. I'm just <sniff> lonely.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest Noodle

I get this a lot. I just know something is going to happen.

But really, is it just our brains placing false memories when we hear of such events?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I once worked with a bloke that was very much in to mentalism / spiritualism, not really sure what the 'correct' term is? Anyway, he went to mediums, did star charts, numerology and lots more of that type of thing.

We quite often had conversations about his various experiences. I would generally take a very skeptical stance but admitted I couldn't possibly know if what he experienced was what he believed it to be, or something else. He would always take the stance that there was definitely something 'mystical' about it and rejected any suggestion that there might be another explanation already within the bounds of our current scientific understanding of the world.

He always insisted that I was closed minded. When I said that I was skeptical rather than close minded and that, in fact, he was the only one that was rejecting certain possibilities entirely, thus he was more closed minded. He wouldn't have it and got extremely irritated with me.

I have no idea why the feck I bothered to write this, but I have now so I may as well hit 'add reply'.

Sorry to have wasted your time. I'm just <sniff> lonely.

Um, thanks for sharing. Your input to the group is always, um, welcome.

HOLA4416

The proper term for the type of person you describe is "Mental".

HOLA4417
Guest theboltonfury

The proper term for the type of person you describe is "Mental".

You'll find him on the main forum

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest AuntJess

One similar example:

I remember deciding one day in 2001, that I must listen to a Ronnie Hilton CD. I borrowed one from library as I could not find one to buy. One track really touched me " I may never pass this way again" and I played it several times

I went to bed that night and awoke to the news that he had just died.

I have always wondered why I got this urge to play his record. Not listened to him for years.huh.gif

Just for them wot don't know who Ronnie is.

HOLA4424
Guest AuntJess

I get this a lot. I just know something is going to happen.

But really, is it just our brains placing false memories when we hear of such events?

Nope, I don't think so. Precognition is wired into many of us, we have just let it get rusty through lack of use. Animals have it and so do we. We humans have clogged up our 'airways' with constant noise and din and frenetic activity.

If you learn to meditate than you can learn to listen to your inner voice.

HOLA4425

Nope, I don't think so. Precognition is wired into many of us, we have just let it get rusty through lack of use. Animals have it and so do we. We humans have clogged up our 'airways' with constant noise and din and frenetic activity.

If you learn to meditate than you can learn to listen to your inner voice.

I tried - kept saying 'Drink more guinness'

Archived