House Price Crash Forum
housespider

Vendor Has Found Gold Deposits In Garden

Hi!

I came accross this property many months ago and because of the drastic increase in price I assumed that it was an error. Well, many months later I have come across it again and the price has not been changed. Feeling curious/nosey I decided to call the EA who informed me tthat he price reflects the fact that the vendor 'believes' he has found gold deposits in the back yard! Given that it has now been on the market for more than 2 years, I think it safe to assume that he is the only one who believes this. :lol: What is even more interesting is that there is no mention of the GOLD on the details.

The following asking price changes are what triggered my curiosity but if you fancy a look:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-7325085.html

12 May 2008 * Price changed: from '£750,000' to '£1,750,000'

22 April 2008 * Price changed: from '£380,000' to '£750,000'

08 March 2008 * Price changed: from '£389,000' to '£380,000'

Hi!

I came accross this property many months ago and because of the drastic increase in price I assumed that it was an error. Well, many months later I have come across it again and the price has not been changed. Feeling curious/nosey I decided to call the EA who informed me tthat he price reflects the fact that the vendor 'believes' he has found gold deposits in the back yard! Given that it has now been on the market for more than 2 years, I think it safe to assume that he is the only one who believes this. :lol: What is even more interesting is that there is no mention of the GOLD on the details.

The following asking price changes are what triggered my curiosity but if you fancy a look:

omg I love it!!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

I can just see other vendors jumping on the bandwagon:

"and you'll find that the very reasonable price of £6 million reflects the diamond mine under the patio, which due to a bad back I am unable to prospect myself"

:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D

omg I love it!!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

I can just see other vendors jumping on the bandwagon:

"and you'll find that the very reasonable price of £6 million reflects the diamond mine under the patio, which due to a bad back I am unable to prospect myself"

:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D

Brilliant, delusion at it's finest :lol: So can you get a mortgage secured on the gold that might be in your garden?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

And this is why we have MoM and YoY gains in the Rightmove asking price indices, which the mainstream press then puts out to the population.

on the right hand side fo the page

Spotted an error?

In order for us to help our agents maintain accurate and up-to-date information please inform us if you have noticed an error within these property details.

Note - if you are the vendor you may wish to contact your agent directly.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/reportPropertyError.html?propertyId=7325085&from=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Fproperty-7325085.html

tell right move they are purely lying

And this is why we have MoM and YoY gains in the Rightmove asking price indices, which the mainstream press then puts out to the population.

I too thought of that, it is at the very least distorting the local data

Hi!

Who said that EAs don't have a sense of humor? :)

Hi!

That's brilliant! I might ring them up and say if the vendor can't substantiate his claims with a geolgists survey of his back garden then I'll consider making an offer!

I'm suprised the agent is bothering with it! I'd demand fees up front if I was them!

OUTSIDE

Front garden, extensive driveway to the front leading to garage and with off-road parking for four cars.

Side garden, Wooden summerhouse mainly laid to lawn.

Rear garden with a variety of plants, shrubs, trees, and valuable mineral deposits, enclosed by wooden panelled fencing, bricked patio with seating area, raised lawn with waterfall feature, additional bricked patio with seating area.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok, I confess - I added the underlined bit :P

Edited by FreeFall

Wot a load of bolloox,ive just melted down 2 soverigns and am going to cut em up in biddy little bits and scatter them over my garden,hey hey all my prayers answered, :ph34r:

To make the numbers work would require 50kg of refined gold. That would involve processing about 1500 tons of material.

The garden doesn't look that big to me, and getting the mining equipment onsite then running it for thousands of hours is going to require very understanding neighbours.

This vendor needs psychiatric help. Urgently.

I'm not sure it Britain that you actually own the mineral rights under your land anyway.

Thus why Yorkshire is a maze of underground tunnels... all the mines under peoples houses etc.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok, I confess - I added the underlined bit :P

Scotland/Wales = gold if you want to dig for the stuff!

Were these deposits found whilst they dug out the foundations ready for underpinning?

£2 million quid, in the middle of nowhere & on an 'estate' with houses 6ft on either side :rolleyes:

I'm not sure it Britain that you actually own the mineral rights under your land anyway.

Thus why Yorkshire is a maze of underground tunnels... all the mines under peoples houses etc.

in the UK i beleive its 2m, but you would need special planning permission and ecological, hydrogeological and geological studies done if you want to go deeper, that and extra £10k+

then the earth would need ot be screen, treated and specially storred before putting back in the ground

Who said that EAs don't have a sense of humor? :)

Well, the EA I spoke to certainly didn't. I laughed when she told me, you know like one does when one hears a funny joke, and all I got was deathly silence.

Edited by housespider

Guest UK Debt Slave

Hi!

There's no such thing as allodial title in the UK

We are all tenants on Crown land even if you are freeholders

If you strike gold, or oil or anything else valuable, it doesn't belong to you.

To make the numbers work would require 50kg of refined gold. That would involve processing about 1500 tons of material.

The garden doesn't look that big to me, and getting the mining equipment onsite then running it for thousands of hours is going to require very understanding neighbours.

This vendor needs psychiatric help. Urgently.

:lol: Not a good idea of moving that amount of soil etc. around there, as my husband just pointed out, that area has very high Radon levels.........

There's no such thing as allodial title in the UK

We are all tenants on Crown land even if you are freeholders

If you strike gold, or oil or anything else valuable, it doesn't belong to you.

Let them take it from your cold, dead hands. Seriously. Why would "they" own something you endevoured to dig up which wasn't in any way associated with antiquity? The Crown itself relies on luck - you're born to be royal, you don't have to prove yourself in any way at all. Sorry. No. Of course, you won't find gold, just like you will never win the lottery. The prospect of such luck does serve to cement the resolve of the ill fated somewhat, alleviating their fears for a brief moment every now and then. And that is enough to serve the purpose for which it was conceived in 1997.

Let them take it from your cold, dead hands. Seriously. Why would "they" own something you endevoured to dig up which wasn't in any way associated with antiquity? The Crown itself relies on luck - you're born to be royal, you don't have to prove yourself in any way at all. Sorry. No. Of course, you won't find gold, just like you will never win the lottery. The prospect of such luck does serve to cement the resolve of the ill fated somewhat, alleviating their fears for a brief moment every now and then. And that is enough to serve the purpose for which it was conceived in 1997.

maybe so, but the crown makes a fortune on tidal land, they own pretty much every beach in the uk. A real money bringer for them has been the introduction of fish farms, funny they put the price up because they could when lots of people showed an intrest in doing so to what was effectively land of no previous value, just like a a-hole landlord would do.They even own the seabed.up to 12 miles out, so get a little cut of any buisness activity.

imagine having all that drip drip money for ever and ever, great huh and the crown even has rates exemption for this land, what a scam

They do the same in canada and aussie ect owning land everywhere. they own even more land here than in the uk.

in scotland alone crown lands make £12 million profit a year so add in all the other countries.