House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Lister

Rent Income Increases To Near Record Levels

where I lived a year ago, the rent was 815.

LL was told by the agent to increase to 940.

I left.

asking rents in the road are now 1100 for the same house type.

they remain empty...have been for weeks.

4.8pc yield minus income tax, voids and repairs, and a massive risk of capital depreciation. Impressive.

The rental market is booming in the South East. I have just purchased a brand new one-bed flat for £145,000 (no mortgage) and let out the property within one week for £850 pcm! A lot more than I expected.

The rental market is booming in the South East. I have just purchased a brand new one-bed flat for £145,000 (no mortgage) and let out the property within one week for £850 pcm! A lot more than I expected.

Ic, you advertised it at what you expected and someone offered you more.

TROLL

Ic, you advertised it at what you expected and someone offered you more.

TROLL

Indeed.

I have never known anyone offer more rent than what was advertised.

Bulls*** on so many levels.

If your bit of s/e is anything like mine you'd struggle to find a 1 bed flat for £145,000.

And if you could you'd be doing well to get £600/month for it.

resulting in an income of £19,765 in the past year- £7,115 in rent, and £12,650 in capital appreciation

In what sense is capital appreciation 'income'?

Dont tell me landlords are using MEW whenever the 'value' of the property increases as income. Scary if so, though not surprising.

and there are 83 others on rightmove...get property bee to see the drops in rentals.

Similar flats are being marketed for £210,000.

Maybe you've been able to negotiate a discount of £65,000, but for some reason I don't believe you.

Also £795 is not £850, should be negotiable down to £750.

So, as I said, bulls*** on so many levels.

how can rents increase in a recession, and dont let anyone kid you we aint in one. This is not possible, anyhow this story comes from a blatent vest intrest. it would be like asking pantene which is the best shampoo.

move along now nothing to see here

Like Bloo Loo, I'm dying to see you give examples of these similar flats on sale for £150k.

And, just in case you hadn't spotted it, even if you could buy one for £145,000 and rent for £850 pcm, that's still only 7% gross yield.

Like Bloo Loo, I'm dying to see you give examples of these similar flats on sale for £150k.

http://thespectrumlondon.com/

I have bought my flat from them, but in a different block. I was think of buying another one and I visited the show apartment last month and was told they still have one or two 1 bed flats left. They were selling two beds for around £190k and one bed for £150k.

I have bought my flat from them, but in a different block. I was think of buying another one and I visited the show apartment last month and was told they still have one or two 1 bed flats left. They were selling two beds for around £190k and one bed for £150k.

Thank you for letting us all know where you're posting from. :rolleyes:

Very nice. And where is the price? I can't see any listed.

Am I supposed to just take your word for it?

Thanks, but I'll go with that intriguing proposal from a Nigerian banker instead ;)

Thank you for letting us all know where you're posting from. :rolleyes:

could be that he's bought and got the Guaranteed rental from the builder.

not sure why someone would pay more than what 83 other landlords are asking and not getting.

Property bee tells the truth.

I say...go on troll, knock yourself out.

Very nice. And where is the price? I can't see any listed.

Am I supposed to just take your word for it?

Thanks, but I'll go with that intriguing proposal from a Nigerian banker instead ;)

Still don't believe me!

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?con=sold_prices_street_detail&street=QUARTZ+TERRACE&locality=HARROW&town=HARROW&cCode=EW&year=All&house_style=All&house_age=All&search_radius=15&outcode=HA2&incode=0BT&eastingToSearch=51340&northingToSearch=18700